What note(s) are played upon previewing a sample?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I just got LMMS today and I want to use the melody played upon previewing a sample (specifically the Arpeggio.xpf sample), but I don't know what notes are played and Google isn't being helpful. Can someone help me?
MH_VOID wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 am
I just got LMMS today and I want to use the melody played upon previewing a sample (specifically the Arpeggio.xpf sample), but I don't know what notes are played and Google isn't being helpful. Can someone help me?
Welcome!

The base note in LMMS is A4 or La4.

The base note is represented by the green square above the piano keys of the synths.
This base note can be modified. If you open the Bit Ivader (for example), and you press the Y key on your keyboard, what you hear is the note A4. If you move the green square to the left and press the Y key, you get a higher note than the la4. Etc.

Since A4 is the base note in LMMS, when you click on a browser preset, the note you will hear is a A4 (well, I have not checked if it's true for all presets).

Does that answer your question?
MH_VOID wrote:
That's not a sample, it's a preset for Triple Oscillator and the "melody" for that one when you preview it is just 3 octaves of As, specifically A4, A5 and, A6

With all of those presets, the note(s) they play when you preview them is from the base note, often A4. If you right click and open new instrument track/Song Editor you can then open the instrument, see where the green square over the little keyboard is and if you press that note you'll see on the keyboard exactly what notes are being played.

Steve
MH_VOID wrote:
I just got LMMS today
Welcome to the Forum MH_VOID!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

You have already been helped fine. I just want to add, that what you hear, is known as an arpeggio Arpeggios are semitones ('notes') being played fast and in a sequence, either controlled by the program or you.
In LMMS all presets has a tab for amo. -Arpeggio. It called the FUNC-tab
Here
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... e_Func_tab
you can read more about Arpeggios and the other features on the FUNC-tab

Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.
and what about for pad_rich.xpf in the Organic presets folder? I can't figure out what note(s) are played.
EDIT: Oh I think I got it. I must have accidentally pressed the wrong key b4 lol