Cut itself

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi,

I just started using LMMS yesterday. I'm looking for an option to make samples cut themselves when another note is playing. 808s will overlap and wobble with each other otherwise. FL Studio has a 'cut itself' function that does this for me.

I know how to modify the sample myself to keep the notes from hitting each other, but I like when 808s sustain into the next part after their part is over.
jhiggins201 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 pm
Hi, I just started using LMMS yesterday.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum jhiggins201 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I'm looking for an option to make samples cut themselves when another note is playing.
Unfortunately not (yet) in LMMS.
jhiggins201 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 pm
Hi,

I just started using LMMS yesterday. I'm looking for an option to make samples cut themselves when another note is playing. 808s will overlap and wobble with each other otherwise. FL Studio has a 'cut itself' function that does this for me.

I know how to modify the sample myself to keep the notes from hitting each other, but I like when 808s sustain into the next part after their part is over.
I saw someone on youtube, show off that function in FL Studio.
It's really cool.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 am
I'm looking for an option to make samples cut themselves when another note is playing.
Unfortunately not (yet) in LMMS.
It would also be great a similar function that applies to synths ... with Pre/Post-FX option 8-)