Any good tutorials on lmms?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I look through YouTube and Google and all the tutorials are just not well made. Either it's recorded with a large bandicam logo or has bad audio quality. Or the person making the tutorial moves a mouse like they've never used a computer before. I'm just looking for someone who has mastered this software(at least how to use a computer with out miss clicking every minute) if you look at FL studio tutorials they are high quality (at least when you sort by recommended on YouTube.) if you guys know of a good channel or website I'd appreciate any help.
ramyrickson wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:21 pm
tutorials are just not well made.
..well, i have a channel with exclusively lmms tuts, so im sad to hear that..
-and i disagree
There are many good lmms-tuts on youtube
MusicHacker, Cubician, ..mine

You could start with my rookie-guide. Link in signature

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Hi, Welcome ramyrickson
Here are all important links (to even more lmms resources) :
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
ramyrickson wrote:
I look through YouTube and Google and all the tutorials are just not well made. Either it's recorded with a large bandicam logo or has bad audio quality. Or the person making the tutorial moves a mouse like they've never used a computer before. I'm just looking for someone who has mastered this software(at least how to use a computer with out miss clicking every minute) if you look at FL studio tutorials they are high quality (at least when you sort by recommended on YouTube.) if you guys know of a good channel or website I'd appreciate any help.
Welcome to the lmms forums ramyrickson.

You got lots of good advice above.
And to add, don't forget to check out the Tutorials section, located in this
same forum, for lots of informative tuts.
https://lmms.io/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Enjoy! 8-)
ramyrickson wrote:
I look through YouTube and Google and all the tutorials are just not well made. Either it's recorded with a large bandicam logo or has bad audio quality. Or the person making the tutorial moves a mouse like they've never used a computer before. I'm just looking for someone who has mastered this software(at least how to use a computer with out miss clicking mini militia every minute) if you look at FL studio tutorials they are high quality (at least when you sort by recommended on YouTube.) if you guys know of a good channel or website I'd appreciate any help.
I’ve found the automation to be a little unintuitive in LMMS, but maybe I can help a little. The basics are that you add an automation layer, then control click and drag any knob onto that automation layer to link them. You can double-click the auto layer to bring it up like the piano roll and make adjustments. By default, the transformation type (or the way that clicking on the graph will adjust it) is in steps, but you can make it exponential (or smooth) by clicking the icon at the top left of the window. The auto layer doesn’t know how long it is, and the beat numbers at the top do not match up with where the auto layer is located, so you need to keep track of how many beats you want during your transition. A little trick is that if you are using automation to make discrete changes instantly, rather than over time, you can make two one-beat automation layers; take the current parameters of the knob you want to affect and drag it to the first auto layer without changing it; then change the knob to the parameters you want and drag that to the second auto layer. If it’s not perfect, you can change the parameters again and drag to the second knob again to overwrite.
Like I said, it’s not terribly intuitive, and a little hard to explain. I’ll post a picture of what I mean in a few minutes. Feel free to ask me to clarify anything, because I am not sure that I’m explaining it very well.
I haven't looked for any tutorials, thought the manual is quite good. I had never used a DAW before LMMS, so I read the entire manual, and learned how to use LMMS as I went. It took me several days (maybe as much as a week), but by the time I was finished, I really knew what I was doing (enough to get started). I know that video tutorials are more engaging, especially when there's just one specific thing that you want to learn how to do.

There were things that weren't in the manual (or else, there was terminology that I didn't understand at the time). For the first 6 months, I only used Soundfonts, because I couldn't figure out how to load VSTs. I used mostly VSTs for about a year, and now I mostly use Kontakt instruments. I had to learn a few things that weren't spelled out for me in the manual, or else, I lacked the background knowledge to understand some of it. Although there are some drawbacks to LMMS, it can do most of what I need (other than record vocals), and I find it much more intuitive than any other DAW I've tried (probably because I read the entire manual before I got started).

"Read the manual," is probably not what you want to hear, but it's excellent advise, and it's worth your time if LMMS is going to be your main DAW.
There are many tutorials.
If you check the Tutorials section of this forum, there are a lot of textual tutorials. Agreed, the manual is brilliant, but it's out-of-date and I think I need to personally ask on the lmms discord for permission to edit it. I don't have nor can I get a discord account.
I never really "learnt LMMS" through the manual as such, rather finding my own way around and figuring out how things worked. I got an EQ VST, which was the first third-party sample/module I'd ever used, and now find LMMS-graphic EQ far superior to it. Later started with soundfonts and the like. Initially learnt the song editor and piano roll, then B/B editor. Controller rack and mixer came last.
Would I have a better grasp if I started from ground up, following the manual or anyone's tutes? Probably. But my style of learning involves my specific requirements and quick fixes for small things I want fixed, rather than following a long-term plan someone else makes. I find it near-impossible to stick to someone else's course, and dislike the idea.
That being said, I personally guarantee that LMMS is one of the most intuitive DAWs I've encountered. It's also the most painless when it comes to absurd limits, primarily because there aren't many.
The point is that I never went through anything remotely like your learning curve, and therefore don't have many resources or suggestions at hand.
If you want video tutes, you can check:
musikbear's youtube channel here, where musikbear uploads all sorts of tutorials, they're slightly slow-paced if you like that sort of stuff and otherwise good.
Cubician (Ian Sannar)'s youtube channel here where he teaches you specific techniques and how LMMS and parts of LMMS work, he tends to deviate a bit but it's still good quality.
Otherwise, looking up "How to use/do [whatever you're looking for] in LMMS" on youtube should get you anything you like.
ramyrickson wrote:
I look through YouTube and Google and all the tutorials are just not well made. Either it's recorded with a large bandicam logo or has bad audio quality. Or the person making the tutorial moves a mouse like they've never used a computer before. I'm just looking for someone who has mastered this GB instagram download software(at least how to use a computer with out miss clicking every minute) if you look at FL studio tutorials they are high quality (at least when you sort by recommended on YouTube.) if you guys know of a good channel or website I'd appreciate any help.
I don't think so on YouTube there is no other good tuts is available to watch, you better had to search it well.