What is the best option for a progressive house kick? (

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
michealray wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:16 am
create my own, or download progressive kick samples.
I really cant tell you.. It totally depends on what you would like to do with the kick. One speciel situation could be a kick that changes pitch, over time. In that case i would use a kicker-instance, because it manage that special feature best, but otherwise, i would say that the descission is more of a kind temperament thingie, than a real production-descission.
Do what you feel for in each new project..

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome michealray !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
michealray wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:16 am
I have been using prepacked lmms kick samples for just about all of my songs and I feel it's about time I try something new. However I don't know whether it's a good idea to learn how to create my own, or to just download progressive kick samples. Any thoughts?
Hello and welcome to the forums michealray.

If you're asking a genuine question, then why do you have links, advertising apps
and other stuff? :geek:

Please remove the links.
Hello michaelray!
I think you should not focus on desiging certain sounds, its totally okay to download some free sample packs (or pay for some)
Not that you wrongly understand me, I think it's great to know how to design a kick, snare, clap,...
But if you don't know how to, I recommend you to download some Packs first (WA production do have some great free progressive house sample packs) so you can focus on the creative part of producing first (melodies, arrangement,..). Later you can focus on the details like drum desigining and other stuff!

Hope I can help you!
Have you checked out Splice?

It's mostly focused on EDM/hip hop, but it has a bunch of really great sample packs (meow the drums in particular) that have good progressive kicks. Would be a good base for designing your own kicks later