How to creae a synthesizer sound

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGpR4ceGxW0

1m19 in and the arpeggio ? at 3m10 in.

I have searching through synth 1 presets, but nothing seems to come close. ( and the mini moog and a few more )

I don't even know were to start, but like to learn how to create those sounds from scratch.

So were do I start ? how to attack this problem ?

I think I have already the right pattern, in the piano roll. :)
Gps wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm
1m19
To me electric-piano-like. Is a two note chord. Go throug the many E-pianos in zasfx, try adding EQ
There must be something E-piano in Synth1 too.
arpeggio ? at 3m10 in.
A supersaw but tempered with square, or with phase-centralising, so it goes 'soft' -zasfx had that feature -
..its really a bit like 'trumpets' or brass'ish in its sound
Thank you, will try some more. Had never guessed e piano for the first one.
Wondering if were talking about the same sound though, I am talking about the 5 notes.

Also heard at 1.26 :)
Edit: Is it called an orchestra hit ?

Second one has a bit of a trumpet in it. I call it a fair sound, that's what it reminds me off. :P

Gps wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:52 pm
Wondering if were talking about the same sound though, I am talking about the 5 notes.
Also heard at 1.26 :)
Edit: Is it called an orchestra hit ?
ash.. my bad (actually baT) i scrolled to 1:09....
Your tag is for a brass-section. And indeed a form of 'hit', where 3 or more horn trumpet and brass players, do a harmonic 'hit' of a few notes.
Very common in jazz and indeed funk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGi274C4hSo
I will try some layering :)

And maybe go on the hunt of a few trumpet ( brass) sounds.

Zynaddsubfx seems to sound way to nice, too friendly ? Hard to put in words.

I love how zynaddsubfx sounds but not for this sound. :)
Gps wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm
Zynaddsubfx seems to sound way to nice, too friendly ? Hard to put in words.
Yes, zasfx default phase has low incline, but that can be changd. I will make a vid on phase-settings in zasfx.
Looking forward to the vid.

Somehow I have the feeling, would I really understand zynaddsubfx, I would never need another synthesizer again.

I can mess with a minimoog and synth1, but with zynaddsubfx I am already happy I found were to mess with the adsr.

It might be time for now to focus on other parts of the track, I am getting frustrated again :P

( some things never change, the more I get frustrated, the worse I get in making music, and solving stuff )
Gps wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGpR4ceGxW0

1m19 in and the arpeggio ? at 3m10 in.

I have searching through synth 1 presets, but nothing seems to come close. ( and the mini moog and a few more )

I don't even know were to start, but like to learn how to create those sounds from scratch.

So were do I start ? how to attack this problem ?

I think I have already the right pattern, in the piano roll. :)
Wooah! I like how those two sounds sound. :D
I think I'm going to try, and make those two sounds in Synth1, sometime this week.
And if I succeed in making those two sounds, I'll put the tuts, in the tutorials section too. ;)

PS: My tutorials have been neglected, for far too long. :P
Looking forward to it. :)
Gps wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:02 pm
Looking forward to it. :)
Yay!!
I'll give you a heads up, or a PM, as soon as it's complete. :D