Random timing for notes

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I was wondering if there's something like the arpeggiator for timing. It would be nice to add notes at random time. So far it doesn't seem possible, but wanted to see what workarounds you guys have used.

Maybe there's a clever way of using the write noise from a controller connected to a amplitude gate or something? Or if possible generate an XML with randomly selected notes/times?
jwalamukhi wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:05 am
It would be nice to add notes at random time
I think you are referring to humanizing of the notes. It will come, but not scheduled.
Or if possible generate an XML with randomly selected notes/times?
Absolutely possible! You just have to use the MMP in XML formate, as in-file, process the notes with the program you write, and build a new MMP-out-file, that includes your changes

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome jwalamukhi !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
jwalamukhi wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:05 am
I was wondering if there's something like the arpeggiator for timing. It would be nice to add notes at random time. So far it doesn't seem possible, but wanted to see what workarounds you guys have used.

Maybe there's a clever way of using the write noise from a controller connected to a amplitude gate or something? Or if possible generate an XML with randomly selected notes/times?
Your topic has been moved to production help.

Also, welcome to the lmms forums jwalamukhi.