Midi help?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I hope I'm doing this right, I never use forums.

I have already been using LMMS and I love it! But I recently got an akai mpk mini mk ll, and I'm having trouble with it in LMMS and I wondered if anybody has that mastered that could help me.

First, I'm trying to assign drums or samples to the pads but I've only seen that you can do that with the midi editor that comes with the akai (you have to change the notes to match the keys, but that can be a hassle when they're different on different drum sets) or you use mpc essentials, but I'd rather continue using LMMS. What I'm looking for is something similar to FPC in FL Studio, does that exist for LMMS?

The second problem I have is that, from what I've seen online, you have to activate and deactivate your midi constantly, you can't just have your midi already activated and then click on the instrument you want to use and it works. Is there a way to do this, or do you just have to activate it every time for every instrument one at a time (I hope this makes sense)?

Thank you so much! :D
jcandye wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:10 pm
I have already been using LMMS and I love it!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum jcandye !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I'm looking for is something similar to FPC in FL Studio, does that exist for LMMS?
Not that can be connected to midi-hardware. That is currently looked at.
do you just have to activate it every time for every instrument one at a time
Im afraid so. I dont own any midi-HW, but my understandig is, that if you need to use a different instrument, you do have to change midi-settings :'| however
You can use a multi-preset instrument, like a sound-font, or a VSTs with many different instrument-presets, and exchanging those presets, will not influence the midi-connection.