Good Free Drum Samples?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I'm looking for some good drum samples that are available for free with few or no restrictions of use. Just want to avoid using samples that any casual listener could recognize immediately, as it may be the producer equivalent of using the Adobe default leaf or grass brushes. I mean, I have done that years ago, and I got an awesome critique pointing that out along with my other mistakes.

Then years later I made a trance song in FL Studio and thought I was hot stuff, and when I showed it to someone he immediately knew that I used FL Studio because of the drum samples.

So how do you make unique drum samples that don't sound crappy? Or where do you download them?
DollyNipples81 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:57 am
I'm looking for some good drum samples that are available for free with few or no restrictions of use.
There are a nice collection in Hydrogen. That is free. Thats what know of
Anybody else?
I do sometimes use the Mod Archive drums or drums from the old GrooveMaker software I won ages ago. However, I like to be able to make my own sound samples, and I've looked high and low for some good drum sample generators and came up with only one program that actually works on my machine. So I might hafta get an older laptop that I can use for the older software like Drumsyn, which REFUSES to cooperate on Windows 7.
DollyNipples81 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:55 pm
Mod Archive drums
Those i do not know :)
or drums from the old GrooveMaker software I won ages ago.
That was actually not at all a bad software! I got it as a inserted gift in a PC-magazine, but limited to only one library 'song'
I like to be able to make my own sound samples
Ok! that can also be done with Kicker. Take a look at the included presets
Drumsyn, which REFUSES to cooperate on Windows 7.
Have you tried rightclicking the software and choose open in comparability-mode| XP ?
DollyNipples81 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:57 am
I'm looking for some good drum samples that are available for free with few or no restrictions of use.
Check these two posts.

https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4961

https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27488
I *tried* right-clicking and compatibility mode for drumsyn. Didn't work. Still throws an error and then quits.

As for the kicker presets: Sorry, the snare or whatever presets for kicker are CRAP. I want something that makes a sample that sounds more authentic.

Sorry for being so difficult, but I want to make some compositions that don't have a bunch of easily-recognizable drum samples. I showed off one of my compositions a few years back and this person I was showing it to told me he recognized the drum samples from FL Studio. I felt like I did when people pointed out my usage of the Adobe Photoshop leaves brush. I mean, when you have used Photoshop for even just awhile, you become aware of the usage of these default brushes. I guess it's the same with the FL Studio samples and drums.
DollyNipples81 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:04 pm
I *tried* right-clicking and compatibility mode for drumsyn. Didn't work. Still throws an error and then quits.
Again drumsyn i do not know, so i have no insight in what that program uses, but have you dissected the program? Some programs uses plain wave-samples, and those you can just place with your sample collection. Sometimes these files are 'cleverly' masked with a novel extension, but are in fact wave-samples. Examine the folders, and see if you can find either an archive or a set of samples
musikbear wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 pm
DollyNipples81 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:04 pm
Again drumsyn i do not know, so i have no insight in what that program uses, but have you dissected the program? Some programs uses plain wave-samples, and those you can just place with your sample collection. Sometimes these files are 'cleverly' masked with a novel extension, but are in fact wave-samples. Examine the folders, and see if you can find either an archive or a set of samples
Right now I'm just using the .wav files in the folders. Thing is, I would like a native instrument for LMMS that is made for generating other types of instruments - like the cymbals, snares, and hats. I hope that something like that will be made someday - along with the ability to record audio like in FL Studio. It would just be nice to have.

Meanwhile, I am looking for some .wav sample generators that will allow sound-sculpting and the like and won't break the bank. I'm sorry if I am being an ass. Just so frustrated ><
DollyNipples81 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:21 pm
Right now I'm just using the .wav files in the folders.
Ohhh -you can already DO that! -But then...
Cymatics has a bunch of samples for free, you can check those out.

If you want to make your own drums with samples you can use fl (if you still have it, because we are talking about audio editing) grab any drum samples and make your own with those.

Get a click from one kick, the body from another, compress, saturate, eq and now you have a sort of unique kick that is yours.