Panning frequencies in stereo field question

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Panning frequencies,

I have a question please, I recently looked through a whole lot of Musikbear’s tutorials on his youtube channel (Thanks for all the helpful tips), I found one very handy tip when mixing which was to remove with EQ tool the frequencies from instruments that were inaudible anyway, I highly recommend watching Musikbear’s tutorials on mixing.

My question is, when panning instruments to make room in the stereo field, should all of the low end be kept in the same regions, and same for mid and high?

For instance, leave the kick centred, and anything else with low end slightly off the right and left, then the mids and highs further off right and left.

That groups together the frequencies of the same type in the same areas of the stereo field.

Or should we be looking to move some low end out right and left with some high end, and bring some highs back near the centre beside the kick to spread it all out evenly across the stereo field?
From what I understand, you want to keep drums and bass centered, unless you’re doing swirling hi-hats or something. Chords should be slightly off-center, and synth melody should be off center. If you have vocals, those should be kept centered, just like drums and bass. Musikbear would know more, but just thought I’d share what I know/remember.
DJB wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:59 pm
Musikbear would know more, but just thought I’d share what I know/remember.
You explain it just fine! The only thing i would add, is that in everything mixing, the very best is your ears Rules are just fine, but what you hear with your own ears, should always be the most important.

And thank you for the kind words about my tuts :)
DJB wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:59 pm
From what I understand, you want to keep drums and bass centered, unless you’re doing swirling hi-hats or something. Chords should be slightly off-center, and synth melody should be off center. If you have vocals, those should be kept centered, just like drums and bass. Musikbear would know more, but just thought I’d share what I know/remember.
Thanks for that.

So if i understand, we dont have to group instruments that generate the same frequencies together, they can be spread across the field.
by musikbear » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:23 pm wrote: You explain it just fine! The only thing i would add, is that in everything mixing, the very best is your ears Rules are just fine, but what you hear with your own ears, should always be the most important.

And thank you for the kind words about my tuts :)
Thanks for the tutorials.