Right instruments

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I have a hard time choosing the instruments for my song, is it hard to match the tones can anyone help me?
Rafaelcortazio wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:22 am
I have a hard time choosing the instruments for my song, is it hard to match the tones can anyone help me?
Yes that can be difficult
Quite often i get inspired from a single sound, then that sound is kind of the foundation for the track.
With that settled, i then decide the type of other waveforms i would like in the project, then i find the instruments of that wave-type, and decides which goes best with my foundation. Quite often i have to fiddle with some filters, or rebuild the instrument. After that, there are two sounds that the next sound must 'go with' and that way i pick the instrument-sounds successively.

But your question is great, because other may have different and interesting approaches to this, so lets hear from you: How do you match up your sounds and instruments in a project?
Which song?
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:32 am
Which song?
:) not A specific one. Just the way you find instruments that 'fit' in the soundscape, in any project
musikbear wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:00 pm
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:32 am
Which song?
:) not A specific one. Just the way you find instruments that 'fit' in the soundscape, in any project
Oh my gosh! I just realised, I read his post incorrectly. My bad. :P
Thanks bear.