I am needing a drumkit

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi all ,, I am trying to find a drumkit that has a different drum or percussion on every keyboard note E.G. C is a kick, D is a snare, E is a cymbal, F# is tom, but the only kits I have found are where all the sounds are individual instruments, can anyone help me here to find all the sounds on one sample please.
Len
donnylad wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 pm
a drumkit that has a different drum or percussion on every keyboard note
You already have one!
In zasfx you find the factory-preset "drums"
That preset is made exactly as you describe.
If that factory-preset is insufficient, then you can find sound-fonts with drumkits -They are exactly as zasfx[drums], but will typically have several patches, with various kits.
The GeneralUserSF2 Linked in useful resources has 9 drumkits -afair
zasfx[drums] has only 1
Hiya MB.. I sort of guessed you would reply buddy, and thanks for that, well I eventually went to Vst 4 free and downloaded a couple of good ones from there. They have quite a lot but I downloaded one which looked good but it had no sound, now when I looked in the folder that had the drumkits they were all .mse files, is that the reason and can I do anything about that or not?. also some of the downloads are 32 bit and I have a 64 bit comp, would it run a 32 bit please.
Thanks for your help.
Len
donnylad wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:14 pm
Vst drumkits had no sound, the drumkits were all .mse files
Ok with VST-drumkits, it gets more complicated
Yes, .mse files wont play in LMMS, but they will in the drumkit-engine, and that why you need to use that, as a layer inside LMMS
(Unless the VST-builder just cheat you and rename ordinary wav-files with some 'fancy' extension.... some do that :p )

VST-drumkits are in essence a complete Beat(but-not-Bass)-Editor. It means that when you use a VST-drumkit, you really replaces LMMS's B&B-Editor, with some thing 'similar'
You can still use B&B, but in regard to your percussion, it would make no sense
So the usage starts with making sure, that you can trick the VST-drumkit-engine to
  • Start
  • Change program
  • Stop
You also need to make sure that Program-changes are saved in your LMMS-project
All these will mostly be a question of LMMS-automation!

If you cant verify all above, you cant use the VSTdrumkit in LMMS!!!

After you made SURE! You set the VST-drumkit-engine's programs up, in the ways you like it variate through your project, after that ist all ' " Just " ' ... A question of starting at correct bar & beat, and to select the correct VST-program, for that section of your project... ' " Just " ' that.......... :p
Ok buddy, very informative so I will try to concentrate on the BnB editor. The reason I tried to use vst drumkits is because I am not too good at constructing beats and fills.
Thanks again. I am looking forward to my first chart topping tune, lets hope it does not take too long. :) .
Len