How to Record Live Instruments w/ Audio Interface

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi,

I've got an Onyx Black Jack recording interface hooked up to the computer, and I figured out how to set to that in the "audio interface" drop down menu of "audio settings" of LMMS. .... But I can't figure out how to just ... record? I would assume that, just as with an instrument plug-in or sample, there should be something I can drag into the song editor and live record into ... right? But can't find it.

Another forum seemed to suggest that you have to record your live instruments or vocals into other software, such as Audacity, and then upload the sample into LMMS. But why would LMMS have the option of selecting your recording interface under "audio settings" if it has no option of recording directly through that interface?

Help!
Well, LMMS does not yet support audio recording directly as it is meant to be a music composing prog, rather than a real DAW. So if you want to record, the best method really is to use external software, such as Audacity.
arosiedawn wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 am
Hi,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum arosiedawn !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I've got an Onyx Black Jack recording interface
This one -right?
I can't figure out how to record?
It is unfortunately true. LMMS has yet no sound-recording capacity. The 'recording' buttons are for midi-note capture
You do need to use Audacity to record sound