how can i get some cool sounds to work with

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
a lot of the things i write are on the piano,which i happy with, it totally works for a piano sound. but a lot of the stuff i listen too they have these cool synth pad type sounds. and just diffrent things they put into the mix that all sound good to me. i'm just curious how would you start to build your own sound library or where would go about finding these things.
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 pm
how would you start to build your own sound library
The answer is ofcause: the NET!
However !
You must make sure that the files you find are either licenced as MIT or CC0, because then you can use them freely in your derivative work!
But if you take care of that (and scan for vira), then there are mio'S ..approaching ..bio.. :! of samples online.
That said, why limit your self to samples?
Get a VST! I recommend you to get Synth1
Installation is needed, but then you have the most versatile and exciting soft-synth, that has the biggest supporting number of FREE banks.
Aside From that, you can look at other VSTs too, but every time you test one, then ask yourself
"Is this better of different, than Synth1"?
If it is, then perhaps get it, if not forget it!
Learn about using VSTs here: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Working_with_VSTs
yes that syth 1. im not sure how it works yet but it seems decent !
ok ,so i have like 2500 sounds in the one library and i don't know how many in the other. how do you go throught them all and find what's good ? some of them give me chills and some of them i don't know what to think . and also synth 1 how do you customise those sounds. is there any info on this kind of stuff. some of them have a decent tone but then they take off and do some crazy thing on you how do you change all this stuff
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:40 am
2500 sounds -how do you go throught them all and find what's good ?
No shortcuts for that. You listen and sort the samples into named folders, and build your library. Delete if you dislike a sample
synth 1 how do you customise those sounds.
Just as with any other softsynth, you need to study the UI, and understand what the dials do.
I have a synth1 playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Q3GKAp9dle
But you can find a lot more online. Ask if you have specific issues, or like a specific tutorial
How I started.

I messed around with many synths, and watched vid of people using synths.
Even real hardware synths.

This helped me big time because I started to see, that most synths, have all the same buttons, even though when you look at them for the first time, and think they are completely different. :)

As an example, The triple oc from LMMS , has about the same knobs as synth 1.
But the gui is totally different.

( gui = graphical user interface )
I highly recommand the SURGE synth which is now free.

This synth is a monster! as synth1 or the great zasfx.

But do not get too much of vsti cause you will pass most of your time at listening to those synth as working on your projects.

Its a noobie misshang that I did myself :D
thanks those are all good ideas. it seems the possibilities for this stuff are endless
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:59 am
it seems the possibilities for this stuff are endless
Yes it is. :D
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:40 am
and also synth 1 how do you customise those sounds. is there any info on this kind of stuff. some of them have a decent tone but then they take off and do some crazy thing on you how do you change all this stuff
As mentioned before:
Play around with the different dials, and knobs of the Synth 1 GUI interface.
Turn this dial, turn that dial, and see how the sounds change. You'll discover, that there are lots of near endless sound possibilities.

Know what, I think I'll make some basic sound tuts for beginners, and post them in the tutorials section. It will take a while to make though, since it's Christmas cleaning and preparations for me these days. :)