Tubular bell/chime sounds

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I'm having a hard time finding a sound I'm hearing in my head; the best way to describe it is as a cross between a tubular bell and a chime, "round" like a tubular bell but with a sharper attack. Anyone know of a VST synth that'll do this easily, or something I'm missing that's built into LMMS?

Thanks.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:22 am
describe it is as a cross between a tubular bell and a chime,
use zasfx layer feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfJ20uHOUs
ao play identical notes from several instruments simultaneous
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
I'm having.......
Topic has been moved to production help.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
I'm having a hard time finding a sound I'm hearing in my head; the best way to describe it is as a cross between a tubular bell and a chime, "round" like a tubular bell but with a sharper attack. Anyone know of a VST synth that'll do this easily, or something I'm missing that's built into LMMS?

Thanks.
Did you get through with making or finding the sound?
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:38 am
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:

Thanks.
Did you get through with making or finding the sound?
Oh man, you scratched a bit of a sore spot with this one! :lol: I've set it down for about a month and literally just tried having another go at it a couple hours ago with a rev 4. :roll:
On the last round I did get close using an FM synth called T-FM with only a single sine oscillator and sine carrier wave, and some verb. The sound was close, once it developed, but I did a lot of tweaking with the ADSR settings of each wave to try to get it to develop in the right way and still couldn't quite dial it. I can hear the complete first minute or so of what I want the track to be clearly in my head, but what I had in the DAW for the "bell" sound last round doesn't quite fit with the rest of it and it ends up sounding like I'm trying to force parts of two different songs to work together.
This time around I'm starting with the drums and will add bass, siren, and a lead over that before I worry about the arp (that's what the tubular bell sound was supposed to be for). I figure at least that way I'll be most of the way to that complete intro I hear in my head and can work on the rest of the track while I tweak the one sound.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:10 am
Oh man, you scratched a bit of a sore spot with this one! :lol: I've set it down for about a month and literally just tried having another go at it a couple hours ago with a rev 4. :roll:
On the last round I did get close using an FM synth called T-FM with only a single sine oscillator and sine carrier wave, and some verb. The sound was close, once it developed, but I did a lot of tweaking with the ADSR settings of each wave to try to get it to develop in the right way and still couldn't quite dial it. I can hear the complete first minute or so of what I want the track to be clearly in my head, but what I had in the DAW for the "bell" sound last round doesn't quite fit with the rest of it and it ends up sounding like I'm trying to force parts of two different songs to work together.
This time around I'm starting with the drums and will add bass, siren, and a lead over that before I worry about the arp (that's what the tubular bell sound was supposed to be for). I figure at least that way I'll be most of the way to that complete intro I hear in my head and can work on the rest of the track while I tweak the one sound.
Interesting. Very good to hear.
Yeah, it can be tough. I know how tough it can be sometimes. :P