How can i mix better???

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
right now i think the main thing holding me back as a producer is my mixing

i try to make it sound clean by making the 808 quiet and i eq the melody so the low end doesnt clash with the 808

if anybody knows how to have my 808 still be loud without it being distorted please let me know

my youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutu9q ... subscriber if you need reference

thanks!
TommyGunMadeIt wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 am
i try to make it sound clean by making the 808 quiet and i eq the melody so the low end doesnt clash with the 808
if anybody knows how to have my 808 still be loud without it being distorted please let me know
I do not listen to your genre, so it is not something i know how should sound. It would help if you referenced what sound you aim at, eg how you would like your own sound to be like, so we have something to compare
musikbear wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:57 pm
TommyGunMadeIt wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 am
I do not listen to your genre, so it is not something i know how should sound. It would help if you referenced what sound you aim at, eg how you would like your own sound to be like, so we have something to compare
For refrence im looking to sound similar to producers like metro boomin or murda beats. essentially i want the 808 to sound clean but still punch. also i have sidechaining, i know thats probably an easy fix but i hate the way it sounds.
TommyGunMadeIt wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:30 pm

For refrence im looking to sound similar to producers like metro boomin or murda beats. essentially i want the 808 to sound clean but still punch.
If you want to make a sound, sound more punchy, try using equalizer plugins.
Or do like tm88 does and level at lower levels by turning your system sounds louder.

One way to keep everything together is making sure nothing goes on the red because it's where the kick and the bass clash or any sound at all.

So just level everything and hopefully nothing distorts.

If you want the distortion effect get the waveshaper effect and turn the in gain up and the + sign up to the point where it distorts, then turn the out gain, now you have a distorted sound but lower.
Yeah. Also, for anyone trying to get their drums to sound punchy, try using an equalizer plugin.