Is there an automatic swing feature for drums?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I downloaded LMMS as have previously been a "Reason" user but I am travelling at the moment and don't have any software on my computer to make music so stumbled across LMMS and it seems pretty good. I've never released music but just enjoy putting things together.

I like to make House and Garage music that has a real choppy flow so having swing is essential, but I can't seem to replicate this when making beats in LMMS and can't see any swing feature to get all the beats I've made to all swing at the same time. At the moment they sound very unnatural. If there is no swing feature available do I have to go into the paino editior and manually adjust each drum sound and if so what is the most effective method of doing this...what settings should I use?

Also, being pretty new to making music, if and when I can get a swing to my drums do all outher instruments I want to add follow the same prodcure with swing or should you not add swing to every sound.
daveym1979 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:55 pm
I downloaded LMMS as have previously been a "Reason" user
Hi, Welcome to the Forum daveym1979 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If there is no swing feature available do I have to go into the paino editior and manually adjust each drum sound and if so what is the most effective method of doing this...what settings should I use?
Sorry no. LMMS has no 'auto.swing' feature -yet
The best thing to do is to make your Quantizing 1/64 then you have 4 swing-positions at 4/4 time-signature, also 1/12 sized notes are 16.-triplets!
Do set your piano-roll magnification up. 400% makes it easy to work with Q at 1/64
Topics related:
Q: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Pi ... antization
Scale & zoom : https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Pi ... ditor#Zoom
Also, being pretty new to making music, if and when I can get a swing to my drums do all outher instruments I want to add follow the same prodcure with swing or should you not add swing to every sound.
That one is not simpl to answer, that depends totally on what you do want to make, but is everything has swing, then i doubt anyone would know
Many thanks for your reply and help.