is there a way to export a song as a midi?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
im making a song with parts from other songs I've written, but I can't figure out how to turn them into a good quality midi
fluxxzed wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:52 pm
im making a song with parts from other songs I've written, but I can't figure out how to turn them into a good quality midi
Currently our MIDI-export is limited. LMMS exports all tracks to one single track, or expressed in MIDI-terms: LMMS can only create a MIDI-0 output.
Because of that limitation, you need to export each channel to its own MIDI-file.
That takes time, im afraid, but as long as we only support MIDI-0-export, multitrack-projects, can only be exported that way
I know this problem regarding midi export is around for ages. I think it is really important, cause midi is such a general medium in exchanging music.

Are there any hopes of fixing this issue in the near future?

P. S. I worked with Midi files myself, but I program in java
Dani123 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:36 am
Are there any hopes of fixing this issue in the near future?
It is being looked at atm. The status as of today i am not aware of
P. S. I worked with Midi files myself, but I program in java
I think you could help us, if you dl the source class for the midi encode.
I have 'brainstormed' a bit for my self, and one of my 'ideas' is sequential single channel export to midi, but ONLY of active tracks.
My issue with that is to get the associated automation-track exported with the actual midi-notes.
Sequential export of active-tacks would add one more serious interesting feature : midi-stems
I have track-note-stems on my 'mind-schedule' either as midi, or as mmp. One or the other will get focused, after i finally have finished and bug-cleansed those i work on atm.