I want to enhance my piano song using VST

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I have a cheap piano keyboard with cheap sounds. I recorded a song there and I downloaded a grand piano VST plugin. Is it possible that I use the plugin to make my cheap keyboard recording sound like a piano? Please teach me how. Thank you.
ewankobakit wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:28 pm
I have a cheap piano keyboard with cheap sounds. I recorded a song there and I downloaded a grand piano VST plugin. Is it possible that I use the plugin to make my cheap keyboard recording sound like a piano? Please teach me how. Thank you.
I usually set up reverb and EQ to amplify necessary frequencies or eliminate frequencies. If it is stereo, like the higher notes are in right speakers and the lower in left one, I use the LADSPA narrower to concentrate it on center

You can try Sonatina orchestra soundfont and download Plogue vst 'sfz' since the sfz or sf3 format isnt supported by the native soundfont player
First off, Welcome to the Forum ewankobakit !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

ewankobakit wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:28 pm
If i understand your post, you have a recording of the sound from your "cheap piano keyboard"
A recording as in a wave-file
I that a correct assumption?
Or do you have a captured MIDI-sequence
The latter you can do a lot with, and weather your keyboard has 'cheap' output, wont matter at all, but the former is limited to adding some effects, and it will newer sound like any piano.