Using CC mode, etc for MIDI keyboard

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi
I currently have a great MIDI keyboard; its perfect for recording notes into LMMS, making sounds when it's connected to an instrument, etc. However, I'm not really very sure about the "modulation" button or CC mode button as I'm relatively new to using MIDI keyboards (I used to do piano roll using the mouse & that was tiring, so I got MIDI). The recording part is easy and all good - just unsure about using the more "advanced" features. The MIDI keyboard is Worlde MIDI Keyboard EasyKey.25. I have tried using the modulation button with volume of instrument - however, everytime I pressed the mod. button, the volume goes to 200% and when released, goes right down to 0% (doesn't stop at any value between). There is a turning knob on the keyboard, but I haven't discovered what it's used for yet (maybe to vary the amount of the connected controller e.g. volume?). Apparently, the manual said it was a "settled controller only for adjusting the program change" - what does this actually mean? Again, I'm new to all this terminology and concepts of MIDI, so I'd greatly appreciate some help as to understanding my MIDI keyboard's functions better esp. the CC mode, modulation, the "settled controller knob" and such and how to use those in LMMS
Thanks!
Sam
samzhang wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:49 am
not really very sure about the "modulation" button or CC mode button as I'm relatively new to using MIDI keyboards
manual said it was a "settled controller only for adjusting the program change" - what does this actually mean?
I think you ned to find a forum for your MIDI-Keyboard, and ask there.
Again, I'm new to all this terminology and concepts of MIDI, so I'd greatly appreciate some help as to understanding my MIDI keyboard's functions better esp. the CC mode, modulation, the "settled controller knob" and such and how to use those in LMMS
It would be the same again -some user-forum for either your specific MIDI-KB, or one for Worlde products in general.
The only thing i can help with here is a link to a successful connection of one type of dial :
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... oard-wheel
But i doubt that is relevant in your specific case