A free synth that supports LFO/automation on its parameters

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
So I am using the stock LMMS and default ZynAddSubFX that comes with it.

Although it is very powerful, it doesn't seem to support LFO or automation on the parameters (so, for example, I can't vary the LP filter cutoff over time), and I would rather do this within the synth than creating a separate automation track and effect to do the job. I saw a synth called Serum that supports this, but it costs as much as a full-featured DAW.

I wonder if there are any free alternative synths that do as good of a job as Zyn but also support LFO on the knobs.
First off, Welcome to the Forum beEcue !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
beEcue wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:13 pm
So I am using the stock LMMS and default ZynAddSubFX that comes with it.
Although it is very powerful, it doesn't seem to support LFO or automation on the parameters
That is correct!
The story about ZynAddSubFX is that for a long time, zasfx was the synth that had the best options for automation, simply because the filters in zasfx was superior to the native old filters.
But as lmms got better, we got options for using better filters, and connection of everything to automation -Except dials in zasfx..
So zasfx was left with the options for filter and detuning, while everything else had unlimited options-
So from very best, to most limited
We plan to use the empty env/lfo tab for connection buttons to zasfx' own env&lfo, but thats so far 'vapour-ware' ..
Here i would recommend you to use Synth1
If you do not already got it, you are missing out :)
It is amazing, and everything can be automated through the dial-matrix:

Here you can learn how to use VSTs
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Working_with_VSTs