Center pan/mono bass content?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I heard that bass should always be center pan or mono. Does this apply to stereo leads where I have to hi pass everything lower than 200~ hz or whatever lower freq and bass lines have to be mono too?
vortexsupernova wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:20 pm
I heard that bass should always be center pan or mono. Does this apply to stereo leads where I have to hi pass everything lower than 200~ hz or whatever lower freq and bass lines have to be mono too?
Good topic!
Mono is indeed preferred by pros in several mixing situations, and some of the pro-DAWs has a mono-button, LMMS does not.
True mono is afaiu not the same as panning L & R into the center.
The gist of that, is that there is no option for mono-mix-methods in LMMS, if i understand it correctly.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:53 pm
Mono is indeed preferred by pros in several mixing situations, and some of the pro-DAWs has a mono-button, LMMS does not.
True mono is afaiu not the same as panning L & R into the center.
The gist of that, is that there is no option for mono-mix-methods in LMMS, if i understand it correctly.
Thanks. I browsed some forums (other than here) that they also mentioning "it should always in the center", so I got confused.

I own a true peak limiter VST that has three options: to mono was the one making all instruments in Left. While, theres a "kind of" mono that makes it into center. Then stereo. So, since LMMS does not have a mono output option for [each fx channel's output?] then those 2 mono options from the vst does nothing at all?
vortexsupernova wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:13 am
Then stereo.
Does the stereo option on that vst make the bass sound good?
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:46 am
vortexsupernova wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:13 am
Then stereo.
Does the stereo option on that vst make the bass sound good?
Mhmmmmmmmmmmm *microwave sound* yes because that is the default setting. It isnt a binaural/stereo setting that enhances the stereophonic structure thingy.

It does sound good at mono and stereo.