I have a extremly problem on importing midi file

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
When I import most midi files, it automatically separated to many parts on each track, it is a serious problem for me, because I need to select some note level on a whole track.

For example, I need to select notes from C3 to D4 on trumpet track, I can't do this on all separated parts, it's a sheer waste of time! I don't know how to import midi file in only one part, and also I can't find any function to join parts together. please help me, it has been troubling me so long.
I don't understand your problem.

Do you understand what a midi file is?

It's the different instruments that are used that make up for the different tracks.

Guitar players and keyboard players and bass players do not play all the same notes all the same time.

So how could this be in one track?

Some midi files have a percussion track though. All drums sounds are in that one track.
My question is simple, briefly, in the first track, some green segments there, I just wish there's only one green area contain all notes, not many green segments. So, if I have 5 tracks, I wish there's only five green area, one track only one green area.
Gps wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:18 am
I don't understand your problem.

Do you understand what a midi file is?

It's the different instruments that are used that make up for the different tracks.

Guitar players and keyboard players and bass players do not play all the same notes all the same time.

So how could this be in one track?

Some midi files have a percussion track though. All drums sounds are in that one track.
But the fl studio has no such problem. when I import a midi, I can select any notes level by one click.For example, I want to select C4 to E4, I can box select all notes I need. But in Lmms, I have to do this on every separate parts on each track. Is there a solution?
xk_music wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:57 pm
I don't know how to import midi file in only one part, and also I can't find any function to join parts together
You want to throw all notes of a whole midi file -Like everything : Percussion, leads, bass .... In ONE single midi-track?!
That is one of the strangest ideas i have seen..
That would create complete garbage, and you would not know what notes belong to witch instrument..
But for all means, if you want to do it.. It can be done..
There are two ways:
1. Use a MIDI-editor program like the free Anvil-studio, and save the midi as MIDI0. That is the most basic midi that was only meant to host one instrument
But i would advise to use LMMS and have better control.
Import your MIDI in LMMS
Delete all tracks that naturally does not belong to the section you want to work on
Save project
Go to
File| Export as MIDI -name file -lets say Excepts.mid
Start a new LMMS-session
Go to File Import, and browse to Excepts.mid
The result is one miditrack, with all notes helter skelter in one piano-roll..
Good luck making sense of that

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome xk_music !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
No, I'm sorry, you all misunderstood my words. "one part", not "one track", after import midi, the first track has several segments or parts. And, the second track has several parts or segments. And the third track has several segments or parts...I just want there is noly one part on every track. I want this: Track 1 has one part, Track 2 has one part, track 3 has one part...

Thank you for your detailed reply, but you only saw my one or tow sentences, I explained it in other words you might ignored. Maybe I used confusing words, sorry about that, I also appreciate your welcome, thank you all and every programmer. So is there a way I can do this:

on the first track, there is one part, not separated segments, so I can select all notes on the first track.
on the 2nd track, there is one part, not separated segments, so I can select all notes on the 2dn track.
on the 3rd track, there is one part, not separated segments, so I can select all notes on the 3rd track.

I hope my question explained meticulously, thanks!
musikbear wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:43 pm
xk_music wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:57 pm
I don't know how to import midi file in only one part, and also I can't find any function to join parts together
You want to throw all notes of a whole midi file -Like everything : Percussion, leads, bass .... In ONE single midi-track?!
That is one of the strangest ideas i have seen..
That would create complete garbage, and you would not know what notes belong to witch instrument..
But for all means, if you want to do it.. It can be done..
There are two ways:
1. Use a MIDI-editor program like the free Anvil-studio, and save the midi as MIDI0. That is the most basic midi that was only meant to host one instrument
But i would advise to use LMMS and have better control.
Import your MIDI in LMMS
Delete all tracks that naturally does not belong to the section you want to work on
Save project
Go to
File| Export as MIDI -name file -lets say Excepts.mid
Start a new LMMS-session
Go to File Import, and browse to Excepts.mid
The result is one miditrack, with all notes helter skelter in one piano-roll..
Good luck making sense of that

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome xk_music !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480