How can I maintain a uniform volume in different tracks?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
hello everyone!
hope y'all doing good!

I'm new to music production and to LMMS and I have one question.
I'm making an EP and I'd like to know if there a way to make sure all my songs have a similar volume (in general).

So that throughout the listening of 4 different song the listener won't be changing the volume.
Like with a "volume meter" or something like that.

If that's not possible, how do you guys take care of the matter?

thank you and have good day ;)
dkppk wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 pm
hello everyone!
hope y'all doing good!

I'm new to music production and to LMMS and I have one question.
I'm making an EP and I'd like to know if there a way to make sure all my songs have a similar volume (in general).

So that throughout the listening of 4 different song the listener won't be changing the volume.
Like with a "volume meter" or something like that.

If that's not possible, how do you guys take care of the matter?

thank you and have good day ;)
There are no 'DAW-smart-way' for that. What you are touching here, is called mastering.
You can find 1000'td of videos on youTube that has methods for that, and almost a different one each...
But also here in forum
https://www.lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31144
viewtopic.php?t=50
thank you, musikbear! i'll definitely check it! :)
And volume balancing. :)
LMMS audio file outputs do tend to vary in volume a lot . . .
An easy way to fix things is to load the audio files (e.g. in .wav format) into 'Audacity' (it's free and quite stable) then run the 'Normalize' filter on the track. You can set the 'Normal' level to anything you like, say, half a dB below the absolute maximum. All the audio tracks treated this way will have exactly the same 'peak' level.
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they'll 'sound' equally loud. You'll need to play around quite a bit to get the tracks on an 'album' to sound more or less equally 'loud'. In the end it's a matter of artistic judgement.