orchestral tools layers

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi all,

This is my first post.

I just installed Orchestra Tools Layers.

I can't figure out how to use one SINE Player to record more than one chord per track. First, we select if we want maj, min, sus, etc, then, once we select one, each note on the piano keyboard will correspond to the choice made (maj, min, min 7th, etc)
When i record one note (which sounds like a chord) and then select a different type of chord ( min, or maj), it changes the first chord i recorded to what the second chord was changed to.
By how it looks, i will need to add one track for each minor, major sus2, sus4, maj 7th , etc. That can't be right.

How do i record one track in my DAW using Orchestral Tools (full orchestra) where when i change the setting to play a different chord form (maj min etc) it won't change the chord i've already recorded in my DAW when i change to make the next chord?

Thanks for any help.
robbiedaug wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:30 am
Hi all,

This is my first post.

I can't figure out how to use one SINE Player to record more than one chord per track. First, we select if we want maj, min, sus, etc, then, once we select one, each note on the piano keyboard will correspond to the choice made (maj, min, min 7th, etc)
When i record one note (which sounds like a chord) and then select a different type of chord ( min, or maj), it changes the first chord i recorded to what the second chord was changed to.
By how it looks, i will need to add one track for each minor, major sus2, sus4, maj 7th , etc. That can't be right.

How do i record one track in my DAW using Orchestral Tools (full orchestra) where when i change the setting to play a different chord form (maj min etc) it won't change the chord i've already recorded in my DAW when i change to make the next chord?

Thanks for any help
Your topic has been moved to production help.
robbiedaug wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:30 am
Hi all, This is my first post.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum robbiedaug !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Thanks for any help.
I dont know Orchestra Tools Layers. Is this problem with the selected scales ( maj, min, sus, etc,) only present in Orchestra Tools Layers, or is it a LMMS issue?
In LMMS you select one scale and key
This is how:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Pi ... Piano_Keys
In your piano-roll, you will now see witch semitones you can use in that selected specific scale and key!
Then there are the Chords
In LMMS we also have chord-tables
They are mostly meant as a demo, something that you can use if you want to see how a correct specific chord should look like. It is way to cumbersome to select each individual chord in the table and compose that way.
I am confused about how the made chords would change, if you select a different chord
Eg this:
select a different type of chord ( min, or maj), it changes the first chord i recorded to what the second chord was changed to.
That is not something LMMS would do, so i suspect it is the Orchestra Tools Layers that does that.
I dont know the plugin, maybe someone else do, but otherwise you would need to find a forum for the plugin to get an explanation of that behaviour. It is not LMMS doing it.
To be honest, i don't even know what LMMS is for. I asked google my problem and i saw someone asking about Orchestral Tools in here and so i thought someone in here must know how to use it.

I checked for some tutotrials but i didn't find my answer.