Wanting to make crystal castles sounding music but dont know

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hello! im hoping to start a band inspired by crystal castles video game electronic sounds but not sure where to start. i’ve kinda just been teaching myself off of bandlab and doing whatever sounds somewhat similar, but not satisfied with my work. i dont know anything about mixing or any of that sort or how to exactly get the sound i want which is crystal castley retro electronic video gamey, but i feel unsuccessful at the moment. i know i have a lot to learn before just jumping into it so what exactly are they key important things to know and learn when getting into and producing electronic music. what kind of programs should i be using or use for a somewhat of a beginner, in this work? is really what i want to know, bandlab doesn’t provide that much and im looking for something more higher if that makes sense. im desperate and ive been working on a song but the synth and beat and everything just doesn’t feel right, someone pleaseee help!!
lexed wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:17 am
Hello! im hoping to start a band inspired by crystal castles video game electronic sounds but not sure where to start. i’ve kinda just been teaching myself off of bandlab and doing whatever sounds somewhat similar, but not satisfied with my work. i dont know anything about mixing or any of that sort or how to exactly get the sound i want which is crystal castley retro electronic video gamey, but i feel unsuccessful at the moment. i know i have a lot to learn before just jumping into it so what exactly are they key important things to know and learn when getting into and producing electronic music. what kind of programs should i be using or use for a somewhat of a beginner, in this work? is really what i want to know, bandlab doesn’t provide that much and im looking for something more higher if that makes sense. im desperate and ive been working on a song but the synth and beat and everything just doesn’t feel right, someone pleaseee help!!
[/quote]

Hi, Welcome to the Forum lexed !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
make music inspired by crystal castles video game electronic sounds
Find a video or soundclip online, with the exact instrument sound, you are looking for. -Link to it!
You need to add exact timestamps, for where the wanted sound starts, and less important -ends
You can click on the video, and choose to save the link at the specific time! or add a timestamp here
Like @2:32 -> 2:55
Then its much easier to advise good VSTs AO sound-design