What does -1 value for W/D knob mean?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I can hear the difference between -1 (dial knob all the way to left) and 1 (dial knob all the way to right) but would like to understand what a value of -1 means. Could it possibly be that the effect is fully applied but out of phase?

newsguy wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:47 pm
I can hear the difference between -1 (dial knob all the way to left) and 1 (dial knob all the way to right) but would like to understand what a value of -1 means. Could it possibly be that the effect is fully applied but out of phase?

I just mean negative one
When you are at 1 the effect is fully invoked, then you can dampen effect by turning the dial anticlockwise. Lover that 0 you subtract effect
Your question made me realize that we have botched the label, It should be D/W :P
Ahh.. thanks. Now that's an interesting concept... subtracting the effect. I had to think about that one! :)
>Your question made me realize that we have botched the label, It should be D/W :P

Musikbear the label is perfect... amount of wet per unit dry. if it was D/W then at zero there should be full dry no wet, but D/W 0 would imply no dry only wet.
But you could rename the label "WET" and it would make more sense.
Monospace wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:52 pm
Musikbear the label is perfect...
Nae, its not logical that All wet is in the 'dry side' imo.
musikbear wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:00 pm
Monospace wrote:
If it was D|W it would make sense... W/D implies amount of wet per dry. Pulling it to -1 means negative wet for the constant amount of dry. Pulling it to 0 means no wet for constant amount of dry. Pulling it to +1 means positive wet for constant amount of dry.
If it was D/W, then pulling it to 0 should give you 0 dry 0 wet (or maybe equal dry and wet), right? 0 would mean nothing there.
The D of W/D isn't the 'dry side,' it's the denominator in the ratio of wet to dry.
Using D/W would not only be mathematically wrong, it would raise ambiguity about what 0 means.
An alternative, like I said, is replacing W/D with only WET, and 0 would mean 0 wet, 1 means 1 wet, -1 means subtracted wet. This essentially means the same thing as W/D logically but without the added confusion from the "/D".
Monospace wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:05 am
musikbear wrote:
Monospace wrote:
If it was D|W it would make sense... W/D implies amount of wet per dry. Pulling it to -1 means negative wet for the constant amount of dry. Pulling it to 0 means no wet for constant amount of dry. Pulling it to +1 means positive wet for constant amount of dry.
If it was D/W, then pulling it to 0 should give you 0 dry 0 wet (or maybe equal dry and wet), right? 0 would mean nothing there.
The D of W/D isn't the 'dry side,' it's the denominator in the ratio of wet to dry.
Using D/W would not only be mathematically wrong, it would raise ambiguity about what 0 means.
An alternative, like I said, is replacing W/D with only WET, and 0 would mean 0 wet, 1 means 1 wet, -1 means subtracted wet. This essentially means the same thing as W/D logically but without the added confusion from the "/D".
I like WET only 👍
musikbear wrote:
Monospace wrote:
Interesting. Now it is starting to make sense. :P :lol:
I'm going into the negative with three different effects... Calf Vintage Delay, NastyDLAmkII (one of my favs), and Calf Reverb on SEGuitar and it's producing a clarity I don't think I could get elsewhere. Very nice feature, that negative value!
It could be removed soon.