Production help for beginners

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hello everyone,

I have been using LMMS for about a year to make songs that I have composed on my piano. Before getting into this I had no idea what mixing or mastering was, never mind how to do it. I know a bit more about it now but still feel a bit overwhelmed when looking for information online about how to make a good mix.

Assuming I'm an absolute beginner with no experience of using a DAW and no knowledge of any of the terminology, where is the best place for me to begin learning? I'm open to website/video/book suggestions, whatever you can think of that is easily accessible.
If you are looking for electronic music tips, or just looking for a free vst plugins to test if it's good to you, check here - https://integraudio.com/30-best-free-plugins/
selkie94 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:54 am
Hello everyone,

I have been using LMMS for about a year to make songs that I have composed on my piano. Before getting into this I had no idea what mixing or mastering was, never mind how to do it. I know a bit more about it now but still feel a bit overwhelmed when looking for information online about how to make a good mix.

Assuming I'm an absolute beginner with no experience of using a DAW and no knowledge of any of the terminology, where is the best place for me to begin learning? I'm open to website/video/book suggestions, whatever you can think of that is easily accessible.
Welcome to the forum selkie.
Terminology on what things? :)

Also, feel free to check out the tutorials section, on this forum.
viewforum.php?f=3
selkie94 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:54 am
Hello everyone,

Assuming I'm an absolute beginner with no experience of using a DAW and no knowledge of any of the terminology, where is the best place for me to begin learning? I'm open to website/video/book suggestions, whatever you can think of that is easily accessible. I also saw unique technology details on this post. I saw the view it now https://www.grabmyessay.com/samples/category/astronomy link at the end of this post. Here I saw Astronomy topic which is written by experts. It cannot be denied that writing an Astronomy essay is quite difficult, especially if you do not have any samples to start with.
A better choice would be a book on mastering
"Mastering Engineer's Handbook - Bobby Owsinski"