Short Gap

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Need help. I want a short pause in a song, where the music stops for a half or quarter beat before continuing. How do I realize this in LMMS itself, without changing all the tracks?
Hertz wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:27 pm
Need help. I want a short pause in a song, where the music stops for a half or quarter beat before continuing. How do I realize this in LMMS itself, without changing all the tracks?
Topic has been moved to production help. :)
Hertz wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:27 pm
That is actually tricky.. :|
One could argue that you have a design fail, and imo that is what it is.. The thing here is that LMMS does not have a 'fix' that can swing this for you in a simple way, the reason is that the only 'fix' crates a new problem.
If we had a way to move n blocks upstream, it would create a pause, but then you would have all the moved blocks being to long in their right length! They would now overlap into the adjacent bar to the right of the (current) end of the song. If that was the actual end, then it would not matter, but if you still are composing, you would need to fiddle with start position of the next notes in all adjacent blocks.. Thats is a dragggg!
so No way to do it?
Well there is, but not in LMMS!
What you need to do is to export to wave, and in a wave-editor like dark-audacity, or an old version of audacity, you 'simply' need to cut up the song in to segments, and then physically move on segment to the right! Theres your pause, and its not a big deal to do that. Its a huge deal in the DAW!
musikbear wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pm
Thanks. Will do.