How do I use loudmax?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I wanna start using Loudmax to mix my music properly, how do I use it correctly?
IJustWannaMakeTunes wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:50 am
I wanna start using Loudmax to mix my music properly, how do I use it correctly?
What is loudmax.
LMMS supports VST2 in Linux and Windows.
If loudmax is VST2, you should be able to install it acordingly to instructions in loudmax, and use it as a VST-plugin.
musikbear wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 pm
What is loudmax.
LMMS supports VST2 in Linux and Windows.
If loudmax is VST2, you should be able to install it acordingly to instructions in loudmax, and use it as a VST-plugin.
I already understand that. What I mean is how do properly use it for mixing my music.
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:33 pm
I already understand that. What I mean is how do properly use it for mixing my music.
Ahh.. There i would go to a loudmax forum, and get a grip on how this gadget works. Its not very likely anyone here knows loudmax
Apparently this is a special ultra cool type of maximiser plugin. :D

What that means, is that this plugin raises the loudness of the entire track, without causing clipping.

I think how this plugin works, is that after you mix or master your track, apply this Loudmax maximiser plugin to the entire track, by putting it on the master channel in the FX mixer channel thingy, that is located at the bottom left of the lmms work screen. Then tweak the dials, until it sounds loud enough, and doesn't clip the track.
Thanks for this case. I also have the same solution!
Yes, I just got it going in Linux. When you unpack the Linux version of the plugin, make sure to move the relevant files - NOT their containing folder - to:

/home/yourusername/Documents/lmms/plugins/ladspa

This install does not show the original GUI but it doesn't really matter because we should be using our ears, anyhow.

Really good plugin. Maybe not super-punchy (say for dance music) but it is reliably good for several types of music, voice-overs, etc.