Two questions about LADSPA plugins

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I've recently started to mess about with lmms under Xubuntu 9.10 and I've a couple of questions:

In the LADSPA plugin browser, there are "Unavailable Plugins" and "Instruments".
My first question is this: why are there "unavailable" plugins? Is there something about the coding of the plugin that is incompatible with lmms? I have other plugins from the caps and cmt LADSPA collections that ARE available. Any ideas of how to get these unavailable plugins to become available and working?

The second question: there a number of instrument-type LADSPA plugins installed on my system. Is there anyway to access these so they can be used in my compositions?

So far, I'm really enjoying lmms but I need to learn a bit more...

Cheers.
In LMMS settings there is a LADSPA PLUGIN PATHS that lets you specify all the directories to check for LADSPA plugins. By default, /usr/lib/ladspa and /usr/local/lib/ladspa should be set there. If your extra plugins are installed to one of those directories, they should (AFAIK) show up in the plugin browser.

But why some plugins are showing up as Unavailable for you - I don't have a clue :? .. For me there are no LADSPA instruments (where'd you find those :}), and as far as I can see all the plugins in /usr/lib/ladspa are shown. If you can supply a name, I'll download for myself to see what happens.

Using a plugin as an instrument should be as easy as applying it to an empty AudioFileProcessor, I guess. I'll happily double-check that when I get my hands on a LADSPA instrument ;)
Hi scraze... Hmm, I guess the mystery will continue... I'll have to find some time and see if I can work out the problems... ;)

As for the LADSPA instruments, it looks like they were installed from the CAPS LADSPA collection that was installed as a lmms dependency package in Synaptic. They all have the C* prefix in their names, just like the effects plugins... I'd like to figure out how to get them into the song editor (or any place else) and see if they work.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.
I tried applying the LADSPA instrument as an effect to a blank Audio Processor, but apparently, no Midi information is passed to effects. A LADSPA instrument host(similar to vestige) will have to be implemented I guess.