Is the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII compatible with LMMS?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
First off, Welcome to the Forum Nawer_Rapter!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Nawer_Rapter wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 pm
I've tried this as I've bought the smol thing a while ago.
It doesn't seem to work, and I've been toying with it for a bit.
This might be out of LMMS, but that thing can give you 2 midis, but LMMS doesn't read them for some reason, as far as I've been toying with the app.
Still really useful to put the arpegiattor into a rhythm you need and change the joystick options, just keep in mind that LMMS will ignore your keyboard if you do any change with the other program (or even with the keyboard options) and will need to restart to actually aknowledging it.
You wrote
that thing can give you 2 midis
Do you mean that the keyboard can output two midi-signals simultaneously?
LMMS receives MIDI-in from MIDI-HW like a keyboard, then that is 'converted' to an event in lmms, typically a note-down-event.
We know that some keyboards has issues with drum-pads, and also that MIDI-stand-alone-Drumpads malfunction in lmms.
We need to support that type of HW better, and its is being worked on, afaik.
We do have a way to connect Keyboard-pitch-wheels to lmms-pitching, but it only works in some MIDI-HW.
Here is the article about how to make that kind of connection
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... oard-wheel
If that at all will help you i am not sure, it seams that it is a different type of 2-signal issue you have on your AKAI.
Let us know the outcome :)
musikbear wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Here is the article about how to make that kind of connection
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... oard-wheel
If that at all will help you i am not sure, it seams that it is a different type of 2-signal issue you have on your AKAI.
Let us know the outcome :)
Ooookay so it worked
The thing was that I had missed to put the input channel on the midi options of the VST in the LMMS interface the whole time
For the knobs I've managed myself pretty well, as far as I know in this keyboard the knobs are on the midi channel of the keyboard (or maybe the pads, but sure thing they're not separated from one or another, the way it's specified in the instruction manual at least, still it doesn't suposse any problem at all as LMMS let's you assign them anyway, just maybe you'll get some weird stuff going on on some VST with the premade knob logic they get, heh. Still, everything is solvable and the things can be organized in any way that one might desire)
Thanks a bunch for the link, I've missed it somehow when I was wandering around the net

As for the akai options, as the akai manual says i've put into the 10 midi channel, just in case. Maybe that's a important thing maybe not, but it wouldn't have anything to do with LMMS sooooo just for anyone who may get into this tread in the future or something (it also lets you edit the knobs and all that stuff, but as long as I've been toying around with this, the LMMS interface just goes really fine for everything. Maybe if you want to have 2 knobs controlling the same thing, for some reason?)
Also the pitch-blend built-in stuff from this keyboard seem to be a bit janky with LMMS features like (mostly) recording, maybe it's just me but it seems easier to put the joystick as a CC and use it as any other knob, putting it into the pitchblend...uuuuhhh... digital dial (i'm bad with names) and it just gives more control overall to the shenanigans of organizing stuff
Nawer_Rapter wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:01 am
Ooookay so it worked
Thats the important thing :p
Good to know!