Is the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII compatible with LMMS?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi everyone, I just recently discovered LMMS and it looks like an awesome piece of software! I want to get started using LMMS and making music, but first I wanted to figure out if I would be able to use the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII midi keyboard controller with LMMS. It's a fairly simple beginner device, but I am wondering if I would be able to use the drum pads and other controls with LMMS. Any advice here would be great! I'm hoping these two pieces will work together because they seem like a good combination for what I want to do. Thank you. :)
HI ! Welcome here :)
I had the same question, and I got these answers --> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3544
So, it seems to be comptatible ! But I don't really know if the pads will work immediatly ! Maybe it will need a few tweak in settings ot something like this.
I have an MPK25 and all the pads, wheels, controllers, and toggles work well in LMMS. My only gripe so far is that I can't effectively assign the pads to a different synth or to individual drum samples, they just play different notes on the same channel as the keys. Also, I haven't figured out 'transport control'.
was the best answer I got. (from farawayinspace)

I was about to buy one of them when my laptop died, so I'll probably have it for Xmas for now !
Oh thanks T0NIT0RMX! For some reason I didn't see that post in my earlier searches.
No problem Logan !
I hope you will get better replies ! Just depends if someone bought it since august !
hey there, same Midi, no better results,
we can open a Club now :)
It would be great to hear if anyone manages to assign the drum pads to a different midi channel (via the akai interface) and then get LMMS to play different instruments on different midi channels (keyboard vs pads).
farawayinspace wrote:It would be great to hear if anyone manages to assign the drum pads to a different midi channel (via the akai interface) and then get LMMS to play different instruments on different midi channels (keyboard vs pads).
Hey ! I just got it a month ago and it works very well ;)
To use the pads, I suggest you to use the VST (free) Shotcut version 1 ! It's a powerful sampler where you can assign a song on each key of the keyboard.
Then you just have to connect enable midi on the Vestige thing and voila !

If you have any questions, just ask, I'll reply asap !
This is a few years too late, but for anyone else wondering the same things and seeing this at the top of the search engine results, this may be of interest:
https://www.akaipro.com/kb/akai-pro-mpc ... he-plugin/

The example is using Ableton Live Lite, but it appears that this might work for LMMS or other DAWs as well. I haven't yet tried it, but perhaps this is the right starting point.
holmanb wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 pm
This is a few years too late, but for anyone else wondering the same things and seeing this at the top of the search engine results, this may be of interest:

The example is using Ableton Live Lite, but it appears that this might work for LMMS or other DAWs as well. I haven't yet tried it, but perhaps this is the right starting point.
Oh that has been so for long
These https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... _keyboards
are all known to work
Besides that, thanks for your information and since you are new in Forum
Welcome holmanb !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
holmanb wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 pm

I've tried this as I've bought the smol thing a while ago.
It doesn't seem to work, and I've been toying with it for a bit.
This might be out of LMMS, but that thing can give you 2 midis, but LMMS doesn't read them for some reason, as far as I've been toying with the app.
Still really useful to put the arpegiattor into a rhythm you need and change the joystick options, just keep in mind that LMMS will ignore your keyboard if you do any change with the other program (or even with the keyboard options) and will need to restart to actually aknowledging it.

If someone finds a way to make it work, that would be precious info.