That lovely bassline drives me insane

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Thank you, but we are both talking about the piano in Kraze - The party ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kUW_94yc8E
I found his facebook page (Kraze), and asked him if he can help me. Lets see if I get a reply.
Also linked my soundcloud page with the wip version.

Is he already regretting he wrote this on his facebook page ?
Making music happen as Dj Kraze and/or helping others with their own musical challenges within live music, studio music and music production.
:P

I have no idea about my changes but why not try ?

Right now I am gonna start LMMS, and see how far I get with that logic pro topic. :)

Edit: replacing the first piano with the monstro synth, scary bell, definitely sounds interesting.

Using that tip from the pogic pro forum ( + 1 oct - 1 oct) does not make me happy, I like my real ? chords better.
Latest version of my fight with LMMS. :P

Before people who do not know me, read this topic, the fight has more to do with me then lmms.

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/the-party2

I still have the previous version on the soundcloud too, so everybody can compare.

Am I making progress ?

Most important change is a layered piano :P
Its two piano vst, one has reverb.
And the use of hydrogen drums, through the audio file processor.
(I tried a compressor but decided to not use it for now)
I like the pad sound in this version. It makes this new version, sound really really cool. 8-)
Did you use zynAddSubFX for the pad?
So far it sounds nice.

But I think that the louder piano sound melody, used in the original version you posted, on page 1 of this topic,
sounds better and gives more life to the track, in comparison, to the slightly muffled piano sound, used in your latest version of the track.

Also, the Bass sound is good. But it should be a bit harder, to give the music that deep old schoolish Jive, to it.

Still, nice work Gps.
You're getting there. 8-)
The pad is zynaddsybfx. :)

Yes, I agree after uploading, I noticed that in the first version the piano is kinda loud, but in the second version its too soft.
Not sure if we agree on which sound better though, but its definitely too soft.

Too me that piano in the first version sounds too thin....

Can I ask what kind of speakers or headphone / headset you're using ?
I am happy with my Sennheiser headset, but for mixing its not the right one.
(it's a gaming headset)
Last nite I saw the light.

I was asking about the speakers, because the first part of my track has on my headset to much bassline.
So when you said its too soft, I was like wtf.

In the last part however, mostly because of that hard snare, a lot of detail gets lost, also the bassline. :)
Too me that piano in the first version sounds too thin....
After listening to it again, you have a point there. Now how did I overlook that?
As Master Yoda would say: "Reverb need some, it does." :mrgreen:
Can I ask what kind of speakers or headphone / headset you're using ?
Well, this PC I'm using is connected to some speakers, that were made a few years ago.
But it still sounds and works well.
I have no idea what brand they are though. It seems the paint label came off.
And it's a long shot from the fancy speakers and power my spoilt laptop had.
Last nite I saw the light.

I was asking about the speakers, because the first part of my track has on my headset to much bassline.
So when you said its too soft, I was like wtf.
Lol!
In the last part however, mostly because of that hard snare, a lot of detail gets lost, also the bassline. :)
Yep. Very true. It drowned out most of the details of the other instruments/sounds.
LOL at yoda.

Funny thing is, when listening to the original, and that loud snare, I was expected problems in lmms.
From what I learned in the last few weeks, I think I need a compressor or a side chain compressor, to fix that.

Yesterday, made sure I did, not all notes are at the same volume. Still my version lags any swing as I like to call it.

What you're saying about those speakers makes me wonder. I might have two speaker suited for mixing.
I got them of somebody who listened a lot to classical music. I don't have an amp though, and they are to big to put on my desk.
LOL at yoda.
Ha! Ha! :mrgreen:
Gps wrote: and they are to big to put on my desk.
Lol! Better have a big rockin pumpin house party, for those big speakers.
It's Party time dudes! 8-)
A House party, now that a good idea.

I think I need a break form that other party. I am starting to get annoyed again. Starting to be very happy about the start, but the piece after that, sounds so boring, and I can't figure out why.