That lovely bassline drives me insane

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hmm, interesting point. Something to think about, thank you.

It would save me a lot of frustration, mostly because you never get it 100% the same, unless you use all the same instruments and samples.
And If I would succeed, who will believe I made it, and did not just copy it.
It's much better to steal (or as we in computing say, "re-use") ideas from other musicians/tracks rather than trying to do straight copies. Sometimes you'll even find something that sounds better to you than the original....how silly is to drop that just because it isn't identical to someone else's old track ;).

Getting things close to a sound you really like can teach you a lot. Then carrying on trying for identical just wastes a lot of your time.

Steve
I should put yours and musicbears feedback on a post-it on my monitor :P

Every-time I get frustrated, I will see that post-it, and should calm down.

I keep making this mistake.

I had issues last nite falling a sleep, to give you guys an idea, how riled up I had become.
I do laugh at myself over this, for getting so angry, now that I am calm again.

Today on streamcoud, two likes and a new follower, because of this wip, and positive feedback from this forum.

At myself: Dude relax.
I'm thinking back to when we first met on here when you barely knew what scales or keys or chords were. You've come a long long way and that was less than a year ago.

Steve
Indeed :)

I also remember one of my first topics, asking if my track was out of tune.
People asking in response to that question, if I was perhaps tone deaf. LOL

Reminds me of a test we had to do at school.(physics)
There was an oscillator, and a tube. On the tube we had to put rubber bands, prob on the tops of the (sine?) wave.
I cant remember the details well enough, but I do remember that the teacher said most people could not hear the highest note used in that test.
I remember I did hear something, but could as the teacher predicted not do the test with that very high note.
There was one guy in the class who could.
And yes he was a musician. :P

I had never expected that years later, I am back at sine waves, but this time music related.
Also reminds me of seeing the triple oscillator for the first time. I noticed I could pick wave forms, and the first question, that came to mind was:
What does this have to do with creating music?

At school we ones had to build a circuit, that created a square wave. It was about signal lights on a car though.
Are you trying to recreate the exact 80's classic from scratch, or are you making your version of it?

Either way, I just listened to your version.
It sounds good, to me. :)
I was at first making the same mistake, I have made before. Trying to recreate the exact 80 ties classic.
(also matching every sound)

It's a mistake because you will never get it 100% the same. (you only might, if you can get the same hardware as Kraze used)

Musicbear and slipstick stopped me just in time though.(just before I drove myself insane)

So now it will be a remix or something inspired by.

Just had a fun moment. I was not really happy about that second piano part. I love how that piano sounds in that 80 ties classic, and my piano did not sound like that at all.
Echo plugin ftw. You have to turn the echo down so much, you can barely hear it.(tap stereo echo)
You should be, at least for the kraze piano, on the edge of were you can hear the notes played twice.
Then of course I added reverb and used the treble and bass cut knobs, to get it riiiight.

It might need some finetuning, but I am already quite happy with how it sounds now.

My problems has to do with the kind of guy I am(was), and my profession. Mechanical engineer.
I am used to making drawing and models who need to be perfect. Close enough, does not really exist in that world.
That attitude is right for my profession, but not when making music.
It was / is in general for me hard, to listen to my intuitive / creative site.
But I am making progress there too.

That started a few years back. Something happened, and my first reaction was, I have lost it, I need to go see a doctor.
Its impossible to see the future, so I must have gone mad. I am willing to explain more about this, but not in this topic.
The thing I learned from this though, there is more then what science can explain, and I should not totally ignore my intuition as I did before.
The thing I learned from this though, there is more then what science can explain, and I should not totally ignore my intuition as I did before.
Heh. I wish alot of people realised that. :)
My problems has to do with the kind of guy I am(was), and my profession. Mechanical engineer.
I am used to making drawing and models who need to be perfect. Close enough, does not really exist in that world.
That attitude is right for my profession, but not when making music.
Hmmm.
All of a sudden, that strangely reminds me, of when I was learning, Technical Building drawing,
in schoolys, years back. :)
Our teacher told us, that when when professional TD artists, couldn't get certain shapes, or curves etc. perfectly etc. you would have to break the professional rules of TD drawing and use your intuition, to fix the problem.
Forget the rules and draw the shape etc. by hand and fake it and make it look or seem perfect.
That's interesting Gps. I think alot of people restrict themselves, by ignoring there intuition.
That can cause problems, later on in life.

And as you realised, with music, you can't be so restrictive. You must have a different state of mind.
A much more free mind I would say. :)
Sometimes, you have to stop restricting yourself and destroy that blockade and make that melody and beat.
Otherwise you'll end up frustrated.
When you do that, you enjoy making the music track more. And see it in a different light.
Glad to see you're making progress. :)
That started a few years back. Something happened, and my first reaction was, I have lost it, I need to go see a doctor.
Its impossible to see the future, so I must have gone mad. I am willing to explain more about this, but not in this topic.
Interesting.
I am willing to explain more about this, but not in this topic.
This will make an interesting conversation. :geek:
I will start a topic about what happened.

But first I have a question.

What I want to try with the piano sounds, is use is a bit of detuning, but....

I want the note to start with the right pitch and end with the right pitch.
Halfway through the note, I want to detune the note a bit.

Is that even possible ?

This has to do with how that piano from Kraze sounds to me. almost if the string that is hit by the hammer, gets longer while the note is played.
I saw a video of a piano were you can do detune while playing. That gave me the idea.
It is possible, that you can use automation on the detune knobs of the synth eg.Triple Oscillator, to accomplish that.
Then end the automation, where the detune knob goes back to its original position and returns to the right pitch.
It might take a while to draw on the automation graph, but it is possible. :geek:
But I will be honest, I have used automation on my synth sounds, many times, but I have never tried automation,
on detuning before.
Try it and see how it goes.