"Mixing" an EP

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hey guys!
I am finished with the EP!
But I must make one final step: The Volume Mxing (So all songs are the same volume)
Do you know any Methods to do that?
actually, what you need to study is Mastering. That is the process you have reached. Most get others to Master their tracks to a finished album/product, its an art.
musikbear wrote:actually, what you need to study is Mastering. That is the process you have reached. Most get others to Master their tracks to a finished album/product, its an art.
Yeah, I noticed that. How do I master a song? I heard I should master a song also so that my songs are sounding good on other speakers too.
musikbear wrote:.....its an art.
MusikbearZ is right. It really is an art, in itself.
And it does take alot practice and patience. :)
ACYDE Music wrote: Yeah, I noticed that. How do I master a song? I heard I should master a song also so that my songs are sounding good on other speakers too.
I'll give you a short clip of what it means.

Mastering is like the process, where you add reverb, compression/compressors, adjust volumes, add Equalizers to the tracks etc. and try to make everything play well together.
And yet, sound loud and good/clear enough and not too muddy sounding.
Without blowing your speakers/others speakers, when you/they, play your music track. :cry:
It's not always easy. So practice and patience is needed. :D

Mixing: Is where you put everything together and add all of the sounds, drops, special effects etc. and a ton of other cool stuff too.
ACYDE Music wrote: I heard I should master a song also so that my songs are sounding good on other speakers too.
I remember a musician, on some music forums a few months back, suggested to some other DAW users, not to try and make their music sound good, on every speaker.
He said something to the extent, that if you wanted to do that, your music track in most cases, after mastering,
would sound ridiculously bland.
He told other users, make your music track sound good on 2 or 3 different types of speakers and enjoy!

In other words, I think what he was trying to say was, don't try to be greedy, and make it sound good on
every speaker out there. Because, some speakers make sounds, sound super different, from others.

I will admit, it was an interesting piece of advice to read. :)

Now if only, I could find the link to that musician forum. He! He! :P
Should I not try to make my songs sound good in all speakers?
I should put reverb, compressors and euqualizers on the master channel?
ACYDE Music wrote:Should I not try to make my songs sound good in all speakers?
Some speakers, actually make soundtracks sound super different from how they are supposed to sound.
That's why.
But if you want, try and see if you can do it. :)
ACYDE Music wrote:I should put reverb, compressors and euqualizers on the master channel?
Hmm.....I would suggest, adding those effects, to the individual instruments FX channels.

I know that some people, add a compressor or limiter, to the Master FX channel. :D
And some, export their track into audacity and then add those effects.

But then again, there are many possibilities here.
ACYDE Music wrote:Thanks :)
No probs. :)
Glad to help.

Anyone else, have anything to add here? 8-)