Stereo Widening

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Jogden139 wrote: whether or not just panning 100% left would make the track mono?
No that would be a stereo-image with a sound most left-wards.
As i understand it, mono means one-speaker, so everything would be in at speaker-pos. there would be one source of sound, and no stereo-image at all.
Setting a sound mono should imo mean that only one of the 2 channels :
would be audible, but in both! So the sound should be identical from both parts. Then you can pan that signal anywhere in the stereo-image, the actual sound would still be a mono-signal
But lets not get technical :p
Jogden139 wrote:whether or not just panning 100% left would make the track mono?
Oh boy. I was wondering that same thing, the other day too. :P
musikbear wrote:No that would be a stereo-image with a sound most left-wards.
As i understand it, mono means one-speaker, so everything would be in at speaker-pos. there would be one source of sound, and no stereo-image at all.
Setting a sound mono should imo mean that only one of the 2 channels :
would be audible, but in both! So the sound should be identical from both parts. Then you can pan that signal anywhere in the stereo-image, the actual sound would still be a mono-signal
But lets not get technical :p
Interesting info. :D
ACYDE Music wrote:So I make a new song, it should be one of the best song I have made, so I must care about my mix too.
And I have a few questions:
What Stereo Widening Tips/Tricks/Methods do you know?
How do I pan? I mean, I panned for example a appregio 20% to the right and a saw 15 % to the left. Is that panning?
Should I use Stereo Widening on all instruments at ones (FX Mixer) or on individual instruments?

I really want to make a wider stereo image than in my other songs. I want to IMPROVE!
Somthing cool you can do is you can do light panning on low/high pass filters to give a 3d position to your sound like make it feel like its above, blow, behind, or in front of the user.
Is that with a specific VSTs?
I do not know a feature to pan filters in lmms
musikbear wrote:Is that with a specific VSTs?
I do not know a feature to pan filters in lmms
No you pan tho sound slightly with the right filter correctly applied. You can give the illusion of 3d placement