How do I record audio into LMMS

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
What I'd like to do is record audio from my PC microphone into LMMS.

I add a sample track. Then I add a segment. So I want to record into that segment. I see two record buttons on the song editor toolbar. But they are grayed out. When I right click on the segment, I can choose to "set/clear record". But that doesn't help. When I click on the segment, it gives me a file open dialogue. But I try to open a file, and that doesn't work (makes sense because I do not have a sound file recorded yet).

I thought that I saw these buttons in red yesterday, but can't figure out how to get them now.

I'm pretty new to LMMS finding my way around pretty well, except stuck here.

Any help would be appreciated. And thanks in advance.
Afaik that feature does not work. But you can still get recorded samples into your project. You need to record the sample with something like audacity (freware). You can then either use the "Sample track" insert (meant for longer waves) or the "Audio File Processor" insert (for shorter wave-files), and add the recorded wave to the project.
BR.
Hello I think this would be a good feature to add to LMMS. Its been 9 years. Live audio direct to the instrument sound buffer would be awesome if you could direct the audio from espeak in linux it would be great for vocal stuff.

If we could loop like the last 1-2 seconds of live stream with the envelope options that would be great.
Is there a jack input to lmms instrument? PS If the input was montone one could try to use zita-AT1 with it.

I prefer to do things live I wanted to give giada a try but never got to.
openInvent wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm
Hello
Hi, Welcome to the Forum openInvent !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Its been 9 years.
Darn.. If only you had started to learn c++ 9 y. ago, YOU could code it NOW :idea:

Its like it is, LMMS is completely done by users! Stability and bugfixes are prioritized, but it will come ..