Looking for this specific chime

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi all. For the last few days I've downloaded two dozen VSTs and played around with several ocsolators and synths, but, I can't nail down this exact chime. The one I'm trying to achieve is similar to the ones used in the Shiki OST, like this and this. Does anyone think they might know a good VST or preset that sounds at least somewhat like those? I've gotten close with some piano and music box VSTs but they just can't achieve the right echo/reverb/tone and it's driving me nuts!
kameko wrote:Hi all. For the last few days I've downloaded two dozen VSTs and played around with several ocsolators and synths, but, I can't nail down this exact chime. The one I'm trying to achieve is similar to the ones used in the Shiki OST, like this and this. Does anyone think they might know a good VST or preset that sounds at least somewhat like those? I've gotten close with some piano and music box VSTs but they just can't achieve the right echo/reverb/tone and it's driving me nuts!
Welcome to the Lmms Forums kameko. :D
Can you give us, a direct pinpoint, of where the chime sound is?
eg. 35 secs to 56 secs etc etc etc.
I hope you understand what I mean. :)
brandystarbrite wrote: Welcome to the Lmms Forums kameko. :D
Can you give us, a direct pinpoint, of where the chime sound is?
eg. 35 secs to 56 secs etc etc etc.
I hope you understand what I mean. :)
Oh, sorry, I meant, uh, I guess the first second of the first video (Dry Lake)? That kind of chime.
I want to reproduce all the chimes in those two videos but I figure if I can reproduce one of them I can probably tweak it to sound like the rest.
kameko wrote:Oh, sorry, I meant, uh, I guess the first second of the first video (Dry Lake)? That kind of chime.
I want to reproduce all the chimes in those two videos but I figure if I can reproduce one of them I can probably tweak it to sound like the rest.
That's okay.
Hmmm.........interesting piano bell chime sounds. :)
I remember making sounds similar to this, by accident, in Synth1 vst.
I will honestly admit, I haven't made a sound like this in a while.
brandystarbrite wrote: That's okay.
Hmmm.........interesting piano bell chime sounds. :)
I remember making sounds similar to this, by accident, in Synth1 vst.
I will honestly admit, I haven't made a sound like this in a while.
Thank you for your response! I just downloaded that VST and I'll try playing around with it.
kameko wrote:Thank you for your response! I just downloaded that VST and I'll try playing around with it.
That's cool. :)
Synth 1 is a very popular Vst, used by many Lmms users and other DAW users as well.
It can make all kinds of cool sounds. And there are tons of free presets, all over the web for it.

If I somehow, stumble on making that piano bell chime sound, I will try to make a tut and message you.
Hopefully, I pull it off again. :)
brandystarbrite wrote: That's cool. :)
Synth 1 is a very popular Vst, used by many Lmms users and other DAW users as well.
It can make all kinds of cool sounds. And there are tons of free presets, all over the web for it.

If I somehow, stumble on making that piano bell chime sound, I will try to make a tut and message you.
Hopefully, I pull it off again. :)
That would be great! Especially because I seem to be having a hard time making it sound how I want, haha. I'll keep toying with it and I guess we'll see who can manage to get it to sound like that first!