Trouble Syncing Wobble

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I made a wobble in Synth1 and connected 'lfo1.speed' to a controller. Then I created an automation track for the 'base' knob on the controller, so I could change the tempo of the wobbles in automation. The wobble is a 16 measure melody, and with automation I made some notes wobble at different speeds. Most of the wobbles are triplets, going by the tempo of the song.

My problem is that it starts on a different point in the wobble every time; so sometimes it starts like wa wa wa, and sometimes awa wa wa. Since the wobbles are triplets it sounds terrible, because the automation isn't synced to the wobbles and note changes.

I tried reproducing the wobble in Triple Oscilator and using the LFO controller, so I could use tempo sync on the speed nob, but I'm getting way better sounds from Synth1. I've exported the track to WAV and the same thing happens, it's randomly in sync or not. I've scoured tutorials and can't figure out a way to get a vst instrument that has wobble effects to start exactly the same every time, any help would be appreciated.
I feel your pain man. Syncing any kind of effect to an external oscillator can result in this kind of problem. There isn't a way to fix it using external LFO controllers (as far as I know), but there should be a way to do it within the plugin. Now, as a disclaimer, I'm not a Synth1 user, but if it's anything like most synth plugins then there will be at least one LFO option (like in the triple oscillator). You can map your wobble effect (like a lowpass filter or something) to this internal LFO and hopefully this LFO only cycles when the synth is playing (if not, you have the same problem as before :().

Now you can automate the speed (or any other parameter) of the internal LFO to get your variable-speed wobble effect. Hopefully that helps. Best of luck!
i can see that you are new in our forum, so-
Welcome to the forum ! Here, For you, all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Theseus718 wrote:I made a wobble in Synth1
And that is a good thing, because Synth1 has the best synchronising abilities.
You need to synchronise to the Key!
In Synth1 'Key' means the mechanical press on your kb, not musical key.
So in the LFO
Set the -sync- to the Key. I believe that it will be transparent, on witch tick the actual note is placed in piano-roll, but try