Looking for big bell and or ( boat) fog horn sound

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Can I make sounds like that with any of the LMMS synth or do I need to go looking for sounds files.

LMMS already has some great bell sounds but all are not the type of bell sound I am looking for.
I am thinking hudge bells Clocks ? .

Or a really fat horn sound, bwaaap :P ( not a biep )

at 48 s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9urKCqrzUGM

at 56 s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtvBHE1hm54
The horn should be reasonably easy. 3OSC with a couple of sawtooths and a square and plenty of detuning should get you close.

But big bells like that contain so many complex overtones they're the very devil to synthesise. I'd look for samples. Freesound is generally a good place to start. Search for church or cathedral bell.

Steve
Gps wrote:I am thinking hudge bells Clocks ?
:
at 48 s
wow at that bell!
And im with Steve here. A sound like that is really hard to build
There is however some plugings named tubular-bells, ofcause you know the absolutely marvolous composistion from mike oldfield of the same name :p, but i think thaqt would be a starting point for a church bell. The thing is -Church-bells are anything but 'melodic'. In fact most are hideous, and can be serious stressful (i know, i lived less than 40 m. from a church, with a VERY eager 'hunchback' in charge of dinger and dongers.. like 3*30! mins -every- bleeding sunday 8| ..starting at 0730 omg..
Derailed.. :p
Horn
at 56 s.
I emediately thought Synth1. but 3oc could indeed also be right way to go, but synth1 -Im sure you can find an ready-made huge-fog-horn preset online :p
Thank you guys, will have a go at that horn sound, and check out tubalar bells,

Listening to my track I was missing a sound, because of my question, you know what sound.

In my head I already knew were I wanted it, but again in lmms I had a mild struggle, to find that position.

It turned out, I want it at the first bar of 2 then the first bar of 4 and so on. :P
Gps wrote: I am thinking hudge bells Clocks ? tubalar bells,
Hudge clocks? Tubler bells?

Okay. Whenever you download Synth 1 from the Synth 1 homepage, there is a default Synth 1 preset pack
that comes with it, from Daichi himself. 8-)
In it, look for sound Number 15, which is called Tubler Bells.
If you want a stronger Tubler bell sound, then press multiple keys, or make Chords.

Note: That sound resonates alot, and hurts my ears sometimes. :cry:
So be prepared to lower your volume, before you press any key and play it. :)
I tried the triple os, but failed. On the bright side I slowly start to understand a bit about all the kobs.
Something with 12 semitones.

Tried synth one and messed around with first preset from the default synth1 bank and instantly had a horn ( blowing ) sound.

Then tried it in my song, and was very disappointed.
I do understand the problem, if you listen to just that sound, there is nothing suppressing any frequencies.
If its in the song it looses a lot.

Right now I have something I can live with ( synth 1 ).
I am considering trying a sax, horn, bell sample though.

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/sequential2

At 3.02m starts the sound I am asking about in this topic. I can live with how it is now, its not really close to what I had in mind though.
It does now fit with another other synth, doing a faster beeep beeeep :P

For me about sequential2, only chord progression and transitions left, and that one sound.

I have not yet done anything to the chord progression, I was to busy changing other things I did not like yet.

At the moment I only have one problem, I can't stop listening to it. :P
ofcause theres also zasfx, and the sexy thing there is that you can make 'sandwiches' of several presets! -And has 100% control over all overtones. One thing should be emphasised: zasfx 'sandwiches' are cpu-hogs, so it fast become critical
This how to 'sandwich' in zasfx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfJ20uHOUs
But you could also just stack several Synth1 in songeditor! It will work fine, and im almost sure it will use less cpu
I Like ZynAddSub Fx, but sometimes have issues with sounds with a lot of sustain.

Until now though my phenom II X4 at 3.2 ghz never really has to work hard with LMMS.

The above track already has 3 synth1 tracks and 4 or 5 zynaddsubfx tracks and a Triple os.

Great vid, and layering sounds like the solution. one question about he 100% control of overtones.
You lost me there.
How and or were do have this control ? In ZynaddSubFx ?
Looking for Synth1 horn sounds soundbank.
No luck yet, but found a link I like to share.

I thought I had most sounds banks but omg.

http://veryrandomstreams.blogspot.nl/20 ... -free.html

167 zip files :o

Seems I missing some 40 zip file.
I was not very happy about the sound I had. Then I realized that I was layering three tracks with chords.
Made all three tracks single notes, and BAM progress.

It starts to sound like like a boat horn.

Made the notes in the piano roll a bit shorter. Wondering if I should mess more with attack sustain decay and such.

The three layered synth1 tracks have all their own FX channel that don't go to master channel but to a channel called brass.
Then that brass channel goes to the master channel. I love The Mixer :)