Beat Playing but nothing else

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hello everyone,

I have this strange issue where when I hit the play button, only the assigned beat+bassline plays. I know nothing is wrong with my audio output and I also know that all the components to the track are NOT muted Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Welcome to the Lmms Forums Alexea. :D
Alexea wrote:Hello everyone,
I have this strange issue where when I hit the play button, only the assigned beat+bassline plays.
This is a strange problem. :geek:
Is it possible for you to tell us, or give us more info, about this problem? :)

What OS (operating system) are you using?
Are you using any VST's, in that music project?
Which play button ? There are play buttons all over the place. If you hit play in the BBE then only that plays. If you hit play in Song Editor then everything should play. If you hit play in a Piano Roll then normally only that single instrument track will play.

If you're using the Song editor play button and the green light is showing on all tracks, do you have anything routed via the FX mixer and are you sure no mixer tracks are muted and all faders are up ?

Steve
Alexea wrote:Hello everyone,
Hi i can see that you are new in our forum, so-
Welcome to the forum ! Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Great advices you have had already, so i just want to ask you to
post your:
* OS (+service-pack-ver)
* lmms vers
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most imortant)
* lmms sound device chosen

Also since you are new, you may not know the different components, so theres a link to my rookie-guide, in my signature, that cuold perhaps help you :)
Also
Could you try and load a demo-song, and play that?
..\data\projects\demos
If any demo-song play, then a lot of possible flaws are removed with one strike