Massive

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Ok, so I've played around with a demo of massive trying to see how well it would work with LMMS in windows 10, it works, but you have to reload the gui if you make any changes for the interface to reflect those changes.
davisjacobym wrote:Ok, so I've played around with a demo of massive trying to see how well it would work with LMMS in windows 10, it works, but you have to reload the gui if you make any changes for the interface to reflect those changes.
Interesting info. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:
davisjacobym wrote:Ok, so I've played around with a demo of massive trying to see how well it would work with LMMS in windows 10, it works, but you have to reload the gui if you make any changes for the interface to reflect those changes.
When I have some time, I'll make a vid to show what I'm talking about.
davisjacobym wrote:
brandystarbrite wrote:
When I have some time, I'll make a vid to show what I'm talking about.
That's nice, because that could help alot of Lmms users, who want to use Massive Vst.
davisjacobym wrote:Ok, so I've played around with a demo of massive -it works
not according to
viewtopic.php?t=3627
Have you reloaded a saved project?

But works in linux..?
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Tested_VSTs
or..?
musikbear wrote:
not according to
viewtopic.php?t=3627

But works in linux..?
or..?
I should clarify just a tad by what I mean by "It works"--It makes the sounds as desired. Heres the catches thought that you wouldn't know about the demo unless you actually read the bootup screen description of the demo (and I'm pulling this from that screen with a tad of emphasis on some of the stuff thats key to note. Dunno how to attach screencaps directly, but it reads as follows)--

Demo
Run massive in demo mode
- Saving of sounds is disabled
- Quits after 30 minutes
- Total recall is disabled
musikbear wrote:
not according to
viewtopic.php?t=3627

But works in linux..?
or..?
I bought a fairly good bundle from NI that has massive included, I'll give you some feedback on the full version when I get a chance. Either way, heres some system specs regarding the version I was testing the demo with and that I will be testing the full version with:

Samsung Notebook 7 Spin
12Gb RAM
1Tb Hard Drive
i7-6500U CPU @ 2.5Ghz
Windows 10 (64-bit operating system)

LMMS Version 1.1.3 (64-bit) installed Jan 4, 2017.

Long story short, I'm in the process of migrating my projects to the new laptop I got so that I don't have to keep using the one my wife now uses.
According to Jean Michel Jarre massive is great, and yes I was surprised too.

Jarre has kinda switched from real analogue synths to programs like LMMS. He did also record the sound of some of his hardware synths.

So we really need massive, Jarre said so :P
I have enough free synths that I don't know how to use properly. I don't need another, certainly not one that pricey. I guess I'll just have live with not sounding like JMJ ;). Though I have a feeling that talent probably counts for more than the synth you use :(.

Steve
Because of weather, I don't have my copy of Massive yet (I bought it in a physical bundle pack), but I did have some time to test the demo again to check sound. The melody carried around the 22 second mark is using Massive. The rest is all ZynAddSubFx. https://soundcloud.com/davisjacobym/lmm ... al/s-jM531

Definitely gonna finish this demo though.