why is the first measure louder?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi there —

I was just trying to make one of my first LMMS songs, and while doing so, the program seems to have made the first measure of an instrument I laid down a lot louder than the rest of it.

It's just the first measure — and the fifth measure as well. I copied the group of notes and pasted it.

I didn't fiddle with the volumes, and I can't seem to find where it was adjusted. It definitely SOUNDS louder, though.

This forum doesn't seem to allow me to attach my project for you, and I'm not sure what the standard is here. So if you'd like me to email it to you, then just let me know and I'd be happy to do that.

Thanks!
It's possible, that the note velocity aka note volume, might have been accidentely turned up really high, on some notes.
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Piano_Roll_Editor
Scroll down to the section written Note Volume & Panning.
In the top right hand pic, the vertical green peg bars aka Note Volume, at the bottom of the piano roll
are all supposed to be on default 100.
Double click each of the loud notes green pegs and type in 100, to reset each one of the individual notes volume to their default volume loudness.

It's also possible, that in the first measure, you may have duplicated notes that are overlapping each other, causing the loud sound.
brandystarbrite wrote:It's possible, that the note velocity aka note volume, might have been accidentely turned up really high, on some notes.
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Piano_Roll_Editor
Scroll down to the section written Note Volume & Panning.
In the top right hand pic, the vertical green peg bars aka Note Volume, at the bottom of the piano roll
are all supposed to be on default 100.
Double click each of the loud notes green pegs and type in 100, to reset each one of the individual notes volume to their default volume loudness.

It's also possible, that in the first measure, you may have duplicated notes that are overlapping each other, causing the loud sound.

The Note Volume and Panning was the first thing I checked, and everything was at the same level there. I didn't explicitly reset the values, though, as you suggested. As I recall, I was copying and pasting in that session, so it's possible there might have been some overlap I didn't see (as per your 2d suggestion).

Thanks mate!
Abstane wrote:

As I recall, I was copying and pasting in that session, so it's possible there might have been some overlap I didn't see (as per your 2d suggestion).

Thanks mate!
I'd say it was this. I've had this drive me insane in the past trying to figure out what it was. It was the last thing I checked, and it fixed it.
H011IS wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:01 am
I'd say it was this. I've had this drive me insane in the past trying to figure out what it was. It was the last thing I checked, and it fixed it.
Same here. It happened to me, a few times too.
And It took me a while, to figure out, what was going on. :P