mp3 and LMMS

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
How can I work with MP3s in LMMS?

I think I'm most interested in exporting finalized songs (whenever I finally get one) into MP3 format. I'm also peripherally interested in importing MP3s into LMMS.

Any ideas? Thanks!
So far, Lmms doesn't support importing, or exporting tracks into mp3 files yet. :P

But, if you want, you could use Audacity, to convert your mp3 sample files into wav. or ogg. files
then re-import those samples, into Lmms.

After making your track in Lmms, export your track, as either wav. or ogg.
Then bring your wav. or ogg. track, into Audacity and easily convert them into mp3.

Oh, I must tell you, when using audacity, you will need to download Lame encoder and install it into Audacity.
Lame encoder helps Audacity, convert wav and ogg files etc. into mp3 audio files. :)

Here is the link, to the Audacity site: http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/
Scroll down, to find the link to Lame mp3 encoder.

Hope that helps. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:So far, Lmms doesn't support importing, or exporting tracks into mp3 files yet. :P

But, if you want, you could use Audacity, to convert your mp3 sample files into wav. or ogg. files
then re-import those samples, into Lmms.

Cool, thanks! Right on. I'm already familiar with Audacity and LAME — I used them some time ago to pull music out of YouTube videos and edit them. I mostly just cut off the bits that weren't proper music.

Anyway, once I have something export-worthy, I'll do that. Thanks again!
If you are using Garageband to create music and wonder how to save Garageband as MP3. LMMS is shorted for Linux Multimedia Studio, which can be used to produce music and edit sounds.

After exporting the Garageband file as MP3, you may want to add your Garageband song to video.

Launch it and shut down the pop-up window to enter the main interface.

Import the wanted video file and Garageband song to Media Library.

Drag and drop them to the timeline, then you can edit them as you want, such as reverse, speed up or slow down.
Click on Export to export the video file.

Cool, thanks! Right on. I'm already familiar with Garageband — I used them some time ago to pull music out of YouTube videos and edit them. I mostly just cut off the bits that weren't proper music.

Here is the link, to the GarageBand site: https://garagebandpc.com/

Anyway, once I have something export-worthy, I'll do that. Thanks again!
jjolinewolfgram wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:24 am
If you are using Garageband to create music
Actually people here are using LMMS..
You gravedig an almost 4 y old topic. Dont do that please.
LMMS 1.x+ can export to MP3.
Just select the type of export you want
* Wave
* Ogg
* MP3
in the export settings
musikbear wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:41 pm
jjolinewolfgram wrote:
This is a spam, you can tell the way it was written and targeted to us LMMS users. GarageBand does not have any official PC platform and a separate website for itself.
This is the ONLY official page (for Philippines)
https://www.apple.com/ph/mac/garageband/

(You might replace the 'ph' to your country's suffix code or remove it)
vortexsupernova wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:18 am

This is a spam, you can tell the way it was written and targeted to us LMMS users. GarageBand does not have any official PC platform and a separate website for itself.
we add him to the naughty-list! -Cole for Christmas for him!
vortexsupernova wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:18 am
musikbear wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:41 pm
jjolinewolfgram wrote:
This is the ONLY official page (for Philippines)
https://www.apple.com/ph/mac/garageband/

(You might replace the 'ph' to your country's suffix code or remove it)
Hellow musikbear,

this is not a spam this sites are really work on garageband for windows/ pc to using emulator. ofcourse Garageband are officially to apple but this sites are very useful to windows operating.
jjolinewolfgram wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:16 am
Hellow musikbear,
this is not a spam this sites are really work on garageband for windows/ pc to using emulator. ofcourse Garageband are officially to apple but this sites are very useful to windows operating.
Okey, but why is a garageband page relevant for lmms' users?
Are there any resources for free, or information that is generally interesting?
musikbear wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:37 pm
jjolinewolfgram wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:16 am
Hellow musikbear,
Okey, but why is a garageband page relevant for lmms' users?
Are there any resources for free, or information that is generally interesting?
yes sure,
GarageBand for Windows comes with a fully functional and complete sound library that includes voice, presets, and instruments. It’s an absolute asset for professionals because of its vast selection of session instruments. For example, They have 5 drummer audition to fit everyone’s distinct style.

It comes equipped with 100s of Hip Hop, EDM and Jazz synth sounds, with built-in-lessons for piano and guitar. The insanely huge sound library on each instruments can create a huge number of permutation and combination for you to choose from.

You are quipped with the ability to fix rhythm issue or autotune, track and mix your track with instruments, put effects like compression and visual EQ with a click.

I'm suggest you GarageBand, part of the iLife suite of applications, turns the Mac into a versatile multitrack audio recording studio. Using GarageBand, you and your students can compose and produce original music, record spoken word and music projects, create enhanced podcasts, and score movies edited with iMovie. https://garagebandpcwindows.xyz/

Your students already are sharing music with each other, but GarageBand brings a new realm of audio capabilities into the classroom.
Learning and expressing themselves with music and sound enhances students’ classroom experience in all curriculum areas. For example, students can use GarageBand to produce an original soundtrack for a documentary movie for history, create a podcast about science experiments, or record narration for a slideshow about a piece of literature.