Syncing vocals

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Ok so I would like to make a remix of a song. This song has a specific tempo right. I put in the tempo of said song. Then I make a beat for it and it's out of sync. No matter what I can't sync it. The way the piano roll works makes me question which is the right key for that song to be at the right tempo. If you haven't noticed if you use the keyboard to place the vocals it'll make the tempo rise or descend depending on the key you put the note on. So which key is the normal tempo????? Or is there another way of getting the vocals to lay at it's normal rate with out putting it through the audio file processor? Please help me I have like three different projects that I run into the same problem.
therobinshark wrote:Ok so I would like to make a remix of a song.
Hi, Welcome to the forum therobinshark! Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
which key is the normal tempo
The normal tempo is not quite covered, it is pitch, and tempo, but nvm that.
In order to get the correct original pitch of any sample, you insert the note on the base-note.
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Ins ... #Base_note

So if you use a default instrument, it is always A4

btw:
In the tools section of the wiki, you can find tools to mesure BPM of music
therobinshark wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:15 am
Ok so I would like to make a remix of a song. This song has a specific tempo right. I put in the tempo of said song. Then I make a beat for it and it's out of sync. No matter what I can't sync it. The way the piano roll works makes me question which is the right key for that song to be at the right tempo. If you haven't noticed if you use the keyboard to place the vocals it'll make the tempo rise or descend depending on the key you put the note on. So which key is the normal tempo????? Or is there another way of getting the vocals to lay at it's normal rate with out putting it through the audio file processor? Please help me I have like three different projects that I run into the same problem.
Welcome to the forums therobinshark. :D

Nice to see you got some good help already. :)
And as musikbear said, the default sound of your vocal file, will be on A4.
A4 is the Y key, on your PC keyboard.

Okay next question. What tempo is the vocals? eg. 120 or 140 etc.