How to limit specific frequencies?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Are there any plugins/methods I can use to limit certain frequencies? For example, say I have a Synth that I don't want to go above -14 db between 511 and 1023 Hz, not above -12 between 1023 and 2047 Hz, etc. Something like the Fast Lookahead Limiter, but only with certain frequencies. If there isn't a plugin that works like this, is there a way I can use existing plugins to do something similar? I am using LMMS 1.0.3.
Douglas wrote:Are there any plugins/methods I can use to limit certain frequencies?
Okay. Try one of the Eq plugins (Equalizer plugins) that come bundled with Lmms. :)
Like C* EQ2x2 or Tap Equalizer, or any of the others.

Or if those, are not what you're looking for, check out the good ol' free EQ plugin, called Nyquist EQ http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/
It has a nice Graphical Gui and it works well in Lmms. :)
So far, I haven't encountered, any freezes or crashes with it, in Lmms 1.1.3. :lol:
Wonderful plugin.
The Eqs only let you change the gain, but they don't let you limit them given a specific volume. I don't care how loud those frequencies are relative to the others, just as long as they don't surpass a certain db.

Also, VSTs don't work (I made a post about it in a separate thread), and I am using Debian.

I feel like automating the EQs depending on what note is playing is way too complicated, so I would love to have something that can limit certain frequencies... thank you for your help!