Tempo Changing On The Project

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hello everyone,

Hope everybody is doing good. I have built my own death metal drum kit. How can I change the tempo according to the specific beat without affecting the rest? For an example, I want the punk beat to be played at 130bpm and the bomb blast at 240bpm.
BeastDeathShred wrote:Hello everyone,
Hi, Welcome to the forum BeastDeathShred! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Perhaps my rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.

How can I change the tempo according to the specific beat without affecting the rest?
If 'the rest' overlaps in vertical positions -You cant!
If on the other hand you have blocks in horizontal position, that you like to have different BPM, you can automate the BPM, but that BPM will be for everything vertically from that point!
Otherwise you need to re-calculate your percussion, and use different numbers of events in different Beat&Bass-tracks, that is the only option
Hello and welcome. :)
You got some nice help already. :)

But another way to do this, is to leave the overall track at 130 bpm.

1) Take the bomb blast audio sample, or render it out as an audio sample, then import it into
Audacity (which is a nice free audio editting software). :)

2) Using one of the Tempo changing effects in Audacity, change the tempo of the bomb blast sound, to 240 bpm.

3) Bring/import the Bomb blast sample, back into Lmms.

And from there, you have a track running at 130 bpm and a Bomb blast sample etc. running at 240 bpm. :)