How can I make the Kick02.ogg fade out smoothly?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Does anyone know how to make the Kick02.ogg fade out? By default, it currently ends kind of abruptly, and almost has like a vacuum pull at the end. I am just looking to have it fade out smoothly, kinda like holding a bass note.

Help!

Thank you.
tparseghian wrote:Does anyone know how to make the Kick02.ogg fade out? By default, it currently ends kind of abruptly, and almost has like a vacuum pull at the end.
Welcome to the Lmms Forums tparseghian. :)

One of your best options, would be to make a copy of the Kick02 ogg. sound, put it into Audacity and use
the fade out effect. But, the Kick02 sound is a bit too short. :P
So in Audacity, you might have to try and slightly lengthen the Kick02 sample, then use
the fade out effect at the end of it.

Or, hopefully find a sample, that sounds similar to the Kick02sound. Which might be hard to find. :P

The other option would be, to try and recreate the sound, using the Kicker plugin, which is included in Lmms. :D
tparseghian wrote:I am just looking to have it fade out smoothly, kinda like holding a bass note.
Do you mean, something like a sort of short, faded out bass drop note sound?
If so, The Kicker plugin is one of your best options here.

Note: You can also recreate Kick sounds, with almost any Lmms plugin, or Vst synth.
There is almost no limit here. :)
tparseghian wrote:Does anyone know how to make the Kick02.ogg fade out?
Brandys method could be used, but the way i do this with bad samples is to use the ENVelope and adding DECay
Understanding ENVelope, and knowing how to alter a sounds basic qualities is very important, it is also how you get rid of annoying clicks
Read: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... #Envelopes
Besides that since you are new here
Welcome to the forum tparseghian! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
Like others already said, use ENVelope! Activate it, then mess with the hold, decay, and release (you may want to turn the release off) until you get the sound you want. You'll probably want to turn the sustain off.