Opinions?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/733849 here's what i've done to the song, should make it easier to work out what needs changing
noba wrote: here's what i've done to the song,
I answer you here and not in im because all answers and questions belong here.

The first i noised is notes out of scale from ~:38 and forth
Deciding a scale and a key, is really important!
Lots about that on my channel -Lots really
Its not a 100% binding. You are allowed to use some of-scale notes. In sheet-notation, you see those notes as # or B'ed notes inside the score.
That is advanced, and Masters like Wagner List aso are notorious for it, Making performants ripping their hair out :p
But the first thing you need to do is
Decide a scale and a key!
Remember that LMMS has a super-tool for helping you staying in scale, that is also shown in the vids
ohh okay, thanks.
but other than that, are the sounds and stuff okay? i think i've done a HUGE improvement with getting rid of clipping, and i'll definitely look at that tool!
It's definitely much nicer as far as things like clipping go, something you can work with.

What, IMO, is the most important thing right now is for you to decide just what kind of message your song is supposed to send, and how it would be (at least theoretically) listened to. Even if you have a zero real life chance of anyone actually listening to it that way, it's important to at least play "let's pretend." Is it a dance? Then it ought to be something you can actually dance to. Is it a piece of video game soundtrack? Then it should match whatever happens in the game. Is it supposed to be sad, happy, uplifting, dramatic, sinister, etc?

Then, as musikbear said, there seems to be lots of harmonic weirdness going on here. It's not necessarily a bad thing (this may work as e.g a sountrack to something sinister going on at an ostensibly happy dance) but it's an advanced tool and if you're doing this intentionally, I'd recomend more sparing use.

That bell-like thing starting at 0:37 seems to me to be particularly dissonant.

Anyway, nice progress so far, and speaking of your earlier question, no, I'm not really comfortable peeking in other people unfinished projects, esp. this early. Trying to figure out some obvious technical glitch is one thing, we did that, but we're moving to a territory where the actual art happens now, and other people directly messing with your project can cause all kind of issues later if you're not careful.
ac220 wrote:It's definitely much nicer as far as things like clipping go, something you can work with.

What, IMO, is the most important thing right now is for you to decide just what kind of message your song is supposed to send, and how it would be (at least theoretically) listened to. Even if you have a zero real life chance of anyone actually listening to it that way, it's important to at least play "let's pretend." Is it a dance? Then it ought to be something you can actually dance to. Is it a piece of video game soundtrack? Then it should match whatever happens in the game. Is it supposed to be sad, happy, uplifting, dramatic, sinister, etc?

Then, as musikbear said, there seems to be lots of harmonic weirdness going on here. It's not necessarily a bad thing (this may work as e.g a sountrack to something sinister going on at an ostensibly happy dance) but it's an advanced tool and if you're doing this intentionally, I'd recomend more sparing use.

That bell-like thing starting at 0:37 seems to me to be particularly dissonant.

Anyway, nice progress so far, and speaking of your earlier question, no, I'm not really comfortable peeking in other people unfinished projects, esp. this early. Trying to figure out some obvious technical glitch is one thing, we did that, but we're moving to a territory where the actual art happens now, and other people directly messing with your project can cause all kind of issues later if you're not careful.
i see what he means by the harmonic kinda stuff, atleast, i think i do:
If you're talking about how it goes from being sort of happy to minor, that's the idea. it's supposed to be like that, i just wanted it to have sudden changes from going to an upbeat happy song, to a more seriously toned one.
I may try to change a few things up with the chorus though, it seems a bit repetetive
i'll just edit what i have now, since the main bulk of the song is done

also, another problem i'm having is climaxes.
I can never get them right, and can never sort of change from a current lead synth to a sort of, bigger one, if yknow what i mean, for a climax.