Song I heard 4 years made me start composing ~4 weeks ago.

Find a song that you like or that inspires you? Post it here.
So, four years ago, I discovered this song right when it came out. I had never heard anything like it, and, as an avid reader of fantasy at that point, I fell in love with it. I listened to that track over and over again, but for some reason I never at the time looked up more songs like it.

Later that year I learned guitar (and have been playing ever since), and then the next year I was taking music theory classes in high school. About a year and a half ago I discovered Two Steps From Hell and learned the term contemporary classical and discovered what music production was. I started listening to people like Adrian Von Ziegler, Brandon & Derek Fiechter, Peter Crowley, that crowd. I really wanted to try my hand at production but wasn't confident enough/lacked the skills/thought I would never be able to pull it off.

Then, in quite recent history, I remembered that one song I heard 4 years ago. I looked it up, and I had the perfect combination of nostalgia, inspiration, and love for music that I decided I would try my hand at music theory. I then discovered that holy crap, software is expensive but HEY! Lmms is free, and after some searching found a pack of free sf2s as well. And now that I have completed a song, even if short and not great, it feels as if it got me over the mental block in my mind telling me I would never be able to make music of my own.
Brandon Ray wrote:So, four years ago, I discovered this song right when it came out. I had never heard anything like it, and, as an avid reader of fantasy at that point, I fell in love with it. I listened to that track over and over again, but for some reason I never at the time looked up more songs like it.

Later that year I learned guitar (and have been playing ever since), and then the next year I was taking music theory classes in high school. About a year and a half ago I discovered Two Steps From Hell and learned the term contemporary classical and discovered what music production was. I started listening to people like Adrian Von Ziegler, Brandon & Derek Fiechter, Peter Crowley, that crowd. I really wanted to try my hand at production but wasn't confident enough/lacked the skills/thought I would never be able to pull it off.

Then, in quite recent history, I remembered that one song I heard 4 years ago. I looked it up, and I had the perfect combination of nostalgia, inspiration, and love for music that I decided I would try my hand at music theory. I then discovered that holy crap, software is expensive but HEY! Lmms is free, and after some searching found a pack of free sf2s as well. And now that I have completed a song, even if short and not great, it feels as if it got me over the mental block in my mind telling me I would never be able to make music of my own.
That song is awesome! thats the great thing about LMMS, is that its just as good as say FL Studio, or Pro Logic, and its FREE!

I'm glad you got over your mental block. now i gotta get over mine.
Nice. It's very dreamy...